Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ideamom_gw

Does anyone have New Venetian Gold and Tumbled Marble Backsplash?

ideamom
15 years ago

I have cream cabinets with subtle mocha glaze and in the process of choosing granite. The granite guy that came to visit showed me a sample of New Venetian Gold that I liked so wondering how it would look with a tumbled marble backsplash? If you all have this...can you show me a photo? I sure would appreciate it!

Comments (18)

• soooomanyboys
    15 years ago

Here's mine--everything but the glaze. I wish I had more up close pictures but we just sold it and moved out. I loved the combination though. Gosh I miss that house...

• ideamom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you sooomanyboys! Does anyone else have any pics that show the granite and the tumbled marble closer?

• houseful
    14 years ago

I thought I replied to you, but when I saw your other thread that you purchased your granite, I questioned myself.

Anyway, mine is in our master bathroom. I really love but do wish I had done something more colorful. Although, the bathroom has since been painted and I used colorful towels. These were taken before enhancing the stone which brought out the golden color more.

• ideamom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Houseful: That looks beautiful! I wonder if you could get some little glass tiles the color of your sink and pop out a few of the tumbled marble square tiles and put in glass tiles here & there. I think that would really be pretty with your sink. Just an idea for you.

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

ideamom, Sorry to hijack but I just LOVE your bathroom tile I love the arch sooo pretty.

• suzatwork
    14 years ago

I don't have the cream cabinets, but I have New Ornamental (similar to New Venetian) with tumbled marble backsplash. HTH!

• ideamom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

suzatwork & monkeyjak: Your granite & backsplash is Gorgeous!!!!! Thank you for posting the pics!

• dinajo
    14 years ago

Sorry to hijack, but Monkeyjac, what is the pendant lighting that you have in your photo by the double doors (not the mosaic type, the other one)? Been looking for a looong time for something like that... Thanks!

• gw_monkeyjac
    14 years ago

dinajo:
    The lighting fixture is also mosaic, but you can't tell in the photo. It's from Elk Lighting, Stone Mosaic collection.

Here is a link that might be useful: Elk Lighting

• eastcoastmom
    14 years ago

monkeyjac, You are a perfecct one to ask this - I am going to have a large island (not as large as yours, though) and am seriously considering New Venetian Gold in order to tie my glazed cream and cherry island together.

Did your island need a seam? If so where did they put it? My island is going to have an arch shape with seating - I'm afraid to put a seam right where it's most visible. I'm told that this granite hides a seam pretty well - any thoughts? Also, is your New Venetian light or dark (dark is more of a gold background, light is more cream).

I also love your backsplash - it's actually one of my inspiration photos. I love the thick border. I've seen a similar thing done with limestone as well.

Thanks!

• gw_monkeyjac
    14 years ago

eastcoastmom:
    There is a seam in my island. It is centered on the sink. It's barely noticeable. This granite handles seams very well. My granite has more of a gold background, but has lots of cream tones as well. Here's a photo of the sink. The seam goes directly through the center of the faucet. You can hardly see it in the photo.

• eastcoastmom
    14 years ago

Thanks very much for that photo, monkeyjac. Wow, that is an amazing job they did with your seam. In my case the sink is centered on the island, with the widest part of the arch across from the sink and facing the family room directly. If I knew for sure that it would look like yours, I would have no concerns!

This has actually been my hardest decision. I have come to think something like NVG could work best in my kitchen for a number of reasons. Not only does it complement both of my cabinet colors but I feel that as much as I love the movement granites, too much in a large space could easily overwhelm (there's a desk and bar area I'm covering, too). Thats something that my KD has cautioned me about as well and he loves granite with movement.

Also looks like you put in the exact Artisan sink I'm considering. I'm between this or the Ticor.

PS Sorry for all the typos in the earlier post - it was late!

• houseful
    14 years ago

Ideamom, I have thought about taking out a few of the squares, but now we have moved on to so many other projects.

Hope you find a wonderful backsplash.

The kitchens above are beautiful!

• marilyn234
    14 years ago

monkeyjac, your tumbled marble has a golden look to it, do you know the color and where you bought it? Really beautiful.

• gw_monkeyjac
    14 years ago

marilyn234:
    I'm not sure who makes the backsplash tile. My notes indicate it's 4x4 Tumbled Viarta Field tile. The picture frame molding is from the same collection. I bought it at Tuscany Tile in St. Petersburg, FL. Thanks for the kind words.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tuscany Tile

• maryelizabeth78
    14 years ago

We have VG and a limestone backsplash. It looks similar to monkeyjac's but our edges are smooth, vs. tumbled.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr92/maryelizabeth78/IMG_6442.jpg?t=1241370142

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr92/maryelizabeth78/IMG_6441.jpg?t=1241370159

• aasonalk
    13 years ago

maryelizabeth78, your backsplash looks great! Do you recall the name and color of the stone?