Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen_maman

Update! It is installed!

kitchen_maman
11 years ago

So I came home on Monday to discover that the tile guy bailed on us. He had installed our marble floors beautifully. The on site manager was confused and thought it was strange...

Today, I came home to find it installed. The guy came back. Apparently, it still made him nervous, but I think he did a fabulous job.

Here's a sneak peek.

Comments (29)

• buildinva
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!!!!!

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

YAY - so happy it worked out and it looks amazing!! You must be ecstatic!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Fantastic! I love that shape. Wish it would work in our kitchen. Can't wait to see the finished pics!

If he was skittish, make it a point to let him know how nice it looks. Strange.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

glad it worked out! looks good, looking forward to grout!

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Wow, wow, wow!

• Vertise
    11 years ago

Looks beautiful!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wonderful surprise!!
    Congratulations!!!

• Anne Harris
    11 years ago

Lovely!

• jeri
    11 years ago

Wow... I really like that! I'm going to have to remember it when my time comes. :-)

• justmakeit
    11 years ago

Oh, wow, that is sooooo pretty! Don't keep us waiting too long for more pictures!

• Molly Phillips
    11 years ago

That looks super! What color are your counters?

• 1929Spanish
    11 years ago

WooHoo!!!!!

• stealthecrumbs
    11 years ago

What a great tile. He did a nice job. Glad his cold feet warmed up and he came back.

• cathy725
    11 years ago

I bet he slept on it and realized it would be a challenge but an accomplishment too, so he came back!!! It's beautiful.

• Gooster
    11 years ago

It looks beautiful! I'm happy for you. (updating... I realized this was a continuation of the original thread).

This does make me nervous for my installation as I have a similar Arabesque tile that is probably even more difficult to install than either yours or Bee's famous tile -- it is not on a mesh sheet and it has a relief pattern.

This post was edited by gooster on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 22:16

• stacieann63
    11 years ago

He did a great job. So happy for you. Why does there have to be so drama with a kitchen reno?!

• msrose
    11 years ago

I'm so happy for you! It's gorgeous. Are you using a matching or contrasting grout?

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Wow, that is beautiful.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Looks pretty and perfectly aligned!

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Looks amazing...boy the arabesque is giving that tile guy some stress. And you too--how many bottles of port for one backsplash LOL? It's GORGEOUS!!!

• bowyer123
    11 years ago

I hope I don't kick myself for choosing subway tile over arabesque.....Yours is gorgeous!~

• Ivan I
    11 years ago

Can't wait to see the pics of it grouted!

• smiling
    11 years ago

Wow! Looks just fabulous with the Aga and cabs, do I detect an echo of the tile shape in the crystals of that chandelier over the sink? Genius!

• chiefy
    11 years ago

It looks awesome! So glad he came back and did it.

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Wow, that looks amazing! Despite his nervousness, he did a fantastic job. The spacing looks perfect and he clearly is very thoughtful about layout considering how it starts at the counter and ends at the cabinet and window so perfectly (with whole or nearly whole tiles). I really look forward to seeing your grouted, finished kitchen.

• steph2000
    11 years ago

It's beautiful. Glad to see a positive outcome, after that drama. You made a great choice - the tile looks great with your cabinets.

• pirula
    11 years ago

beautiful beautiful.....

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Contractors are a funny lot...almost as emotional as they accuse us women being. It looks great so far and he is doing a great job. It must be tedious and hard to do and make him nervous or something. Maybe he worries he will mess it up and have to pay for it but he is doing a beautiful job and he will be so proud of himself when he is done. One time a contractor at our house was so scared to do something he hadn't done before and was really grumpy but when it was all finished he was always asking if he could bring people over to see it, lol. We always said ok and that went on for awhile until he had newer things to show to people. He'll be proud of it when it's done and you will have a gorgeous kitchen, too!!!

• kitchen_maman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all!

We used black grout and it is spectacular! The counter tops are marble.

There is a little part that needs to be done above the window and it will be done. We just need the hood installed under the cabinet and a retro permit for installing the stove. Then a few touch ups and it will be ready for a reveal!