Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koolforkatz

Black Galaxy granite opinions??

koolforkatz
13 years ago

I am a newbie here and have spent the past several months lurking and reading and learning so much through all the wonderful posts on here. My new flooring was installed last week, my cabinets yesterday and I am now down to the crunch and have to pick out a countertop tomorrow as the fellow is coming by to measure. My cabinets are Ikea Adel Medium Brown, if anyone is familiar with that, and the flooring a handshaved reddish-brown. About a wall and a half of the kitchen is mostly windows, southern exposure, so I"m pretty sure we have enough light to easily have a black countertop. I was going to go with Absolute but then thought I wanted a bit more punch. My husband loves Black Galaxy and I love it, too, especially when it "twinkles." My only concern is whether I will "love it long time." I generally don't like fussy but prefer simpler but like I say, I really do like the look of the Galaxy. Any thoughts at all??? Cleanup isn't so much a concern. I wipe my counters every day anyway and am committed to having to do so religiously if I go with black granite. Thanks so much :)

Comments (11)