Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jellytoast

Posting multiple pictures ... HOW???

jellytoast
10 years ago

I can't seem to figure out how to post multiple pictures to a post. I've searched the instructions on how to do it, but must be missing something and it all seems so complicated. Is there a SIMPLE way to post multiple pictures just by pulling them out of my pictures file, or do I have to upload them to an external site first?

Comments (6)

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Do you have a Photobucket account or Flickr?

The instructions are in Bueh'ls "new to kitchens? thread.

If you have Photobucket, you click on the photo you want to upload, then look to the right. One of the choices is HTML, just click it and it copies the code, then paste it into your thread.

Repeat for next photo.

GW's upload doesn't allow you to "upload another photo" once you put in one.

Hope that helps. Oh, and when you do have Photobucket account, make sure to set the settings to private, or else you are letting everyone into your photobucket account if they click on a photo you post. Even ones you don't want people to see.

• jellytoast
    Original Author
    10 years ago

" .... make sure to set the settings to private, else you are letting everyone into your photobucket account if they click on a photo you post. Even ones you don't want people to see."

Eeeek ... that's scary! Thanks for the warning. And for the instructions ... yes, they do help. I thought there was some trick that I was missing ...

• sjerin
    10 years ago

I finally figured it out, after much help here. :) I was overthinking it--all you have to do is cut and paste the HTML into this message box and during preview, it will show up! I did 6 or 7 this way. Previously, you couldn't put the pic directly in the message box, I believe. I never did figure out how to post a PB "album" because I couldn't find the html for it. Good luck!

• cawaps
    10 years ago

Your pictures do have to be stored on a web server somewhere, you can't just upload multiple pictures from your hard drive. When you attach a picture using the GardenWeb image file upload feature (one at a time), GardenWeb is taking your picture and storing it so that it can be displayed here. When you go the Photobucket route, Photobucket is playing the role of storing the photo for web access. So unless you have your own web server at home, you will need to upload the files somewhere on the web before you can include them in a post here.

• jellytoast
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, everyone!

• Buehl
    10 years ago

Pasting the photo HTML in the message box has worked for as long as I've been a member - since July 2007....so it's not a "new" thing. What's (relatively) "new" is the "image upload" that GardenWeb now has for the Kitchen's Forum.

Regarding Photobucket and Privacy issues....each album has it's own privacy settings. I, for example, have all my Kitchen Remodel and Kitchen Design pics set to "Public". All other albums are set to "Private". Private albums are not accessible if you have public albums and post a link to a pic in a public album. In fact, private albums do not show up to the public so they don't know they're even there.

As was mentioned b/f, the "Read Me" thread has instructions for posting pictures - plus a wealth of other information!

Here is a link that might be useful: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me!