Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marble counter tops installed today!

Posted by kitchen_maman (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 19:45

I thought they were coming tomorrow, but they were waiting for me when I got home! Appliances arrive next week.

Stairway with marble caps on each side. Partially painted...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Extra space! I used to only have a 48 inch run to work from, and NO seams!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marble counter tops installed today!

Love it love it love it. No seam on the large piece? Can't wait to see the appliances in.

o

Gorgeous, but I am really loving that glimpse of your checkeboard floor. Can't wait for the big reveal.

o

Wow! It is beautiful. It looks so soft. I love it.
What are you going to do with all the minwax stain that is sitting on the sill? Yes, I'm nosey!

o

It's beautiful!!!

o

Stacieann63, we refinished our original hardwoods. They were the samples we were looking at...we chose very dark: eboni on our white oak. :)

o

Swoon....Perfect!

o

They look wonderful ! what a nice surprise for you !

o

Very pretty!

o

Counter tops are dead gorgeous, but, but, the floor! I am swooning over the B&W checkerboard.

And then I think I see more of it in the box,... can you add some details, please?

Thanks,

L.

o

Wow - your counters are absolutely stunning. I especially like that you chose a honed finish (I'm not a fan of marble with a polished finish). It looks so soft and inviting. Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

o

L. We used polished white arabesquato and black marble. We put them on the diagonal in the kitchen and dining room. I have always been in love with the look since I was a little girl. I love marble. When I see old worn marble floors in Europe, every time I go to the Kennedy center, I swoon!

This post was edited by kitchen_maman on Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 20:03

o

Lovely! Looking forward to seeing more photos.

o

I adore both the counters and the floors!! My god, the floors. LOVE.

o

Love the gorgeous marble, love the floors, adore the glimpse of the cute doggie! So wonderful! Can't wait to see it all finished!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here