Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I picked my marble slab today!

Posted by murpharoo (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 19:34

Its coming together!
And the faucet came today too. Yay Monday!

photo 1364859051.jpg

photo 1364858153.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I picked my marble slab today!

Fabulous! Love the dramatic movement!

What type of marble is it?

o

Calacatta splendo. I have a long skinny island and think it will help open the room!

o

How exciting !

Love marble.
next kitchen, marble somewhere...

o

That is a fabulous looking slab. I'm sure it will be the star of your kitchen. Can't wait to see it installed.

o

So marblelicious!

o

Beautiful! How exciting!

o

The island was installed today too. Happily getting there...

o

Oh my, it is just lovely! Your faucet looks fabulous with the slab of marble! You must be soooo excited!

o

Was scanning the GW page fast, and could've sworn your title said *licked.*

(Which actually happens every now and then. Usually with marble. Occasionaly soapstone.)

o

Gorgeous!!! That is one beautiful slab. And i love the faucet too. Isn't it almost impossible to have to wait to see it all done? Don't you stay awake all night thinking about it? Don't you just want to fast forward a week or so?

o

Yes I do! It's been three years in the making. And it's almost within reach. At bayareafrancy: it's quite possible there might've been subtle licking :) and we will have soapstone in the kitchen too so double licking might occur!

o

Oooooh, wow. Divine. I love how the foliation (the proper name for the linear bands of color) runs at an angle. That is going to look super sharp when it is cut into the shape of your island. The faucet is a perfect match for that look. You're doing great!

o

Your marble and faucet look like they were just MADE for each other! Beautiful!

o

Oh my gosh, that is one sexy piece of rock!

o

Marble-liscious!!!

o

Your marble is gorgeous! Congratulations on picking! Your faucet is so pretty. What a great Monday you had!

o

Exciting and I do hope you really "licked" it - it is a euphemism used with the group as if someone sees you licking it - they won't be interested in it so it is safe!

I don't think anyone has actually licked it but a good idea to get your name on the backside.

Congratulations on the slab and faucet!

o

Can't wait to see finished pics. Our marble counters are being installed tomorrow morning, and frankly I don't know how I am going to get through work today.

o

What is the faucet? I can see that in my dream house kitchen.

o

Cifial. I ordered it online after being told lead time of 4 weeks. 3 weeks went by and i asked. they then said 12 weeks. i cancelled order and found it new on ebay! the local faucet place said they stopped carrying because the lead time from Portugal was always so long.

o

That is a BEAUTIFUL slab!!! It is going to look fantastic. I love the faucet as well. You have great taste. I can't wait to be at the marble stage of our kitchen remodel.

Please please post pictures!

o

Absolutely beautiful! Love it! When will it be installed??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here