Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murpharoo_gw

I picked my marble slab today!

murpharoo
10 years ago

Its coming together!
And the faucet came today too. Yay Monday!

Comments (22)

• Madeline616
    10 years ago

Fabulous! Love the dramatic movement!

What type of marble is it?

• murpharoo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Calacatta splendo. I have a long skinny island and think it will help open the room!

• EATREALFOOD
    10 years ago

How exciting !

Love marble.
    next kitchen, marble somewhere...

• badgergal
    10 years ago

That is a fabulous looking slab. I'm sure it will be the star of your kitchen. Can't wait to see it installed.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

So marblelicious!

• SaraKat
    10 years ago

Beautiful! How exciting!

• murpharoo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The island was installed today too. Happily getting there...

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my, it is just lovely! Your faucet looks fabulous with the slab of marble! You must be soooo excited!

• bayareafrancy
    10 years ago

Was scanning the GW page fast, and could've sworn your title said *licked.*

(Which actually happens every now and then. Usually with marble. Occasionaly soapstone.)

• nycbluedevil
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!! That is one beautiful slab. And i love the faucet too. Isn't it almost impossible to have to wait to see it all done? Don't you stay awake all night thinking about it? Don't you just want to fast forward a week or so?

• murpharoo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I do! It's been three years in the making. And it's almost within reach. At bayareafrancy: it's quite possible there might've been subtle licking :) and we will have soapstone in the kitchen too so double licking might occur!

• karin_mt
    10 years ago

Oooooh, wow. Divine. I love how the foliation (the proper name for the linear bands of color) runs at an angle. That is going to look super sharp when it is cut into the shape of your island. The faucet is a perfect match for that look. You're doing great!

• smiling
    10 years ago

Your marble and faucet look like they were just MADE for each other! Beautiful!

• justmakeit
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh, that is one sexy piece of rock!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Marble-liscious!!!

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Your marble is gorgeous! Congratulations on picking! Your faucet is so pretty. What a great Monday you had!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Exciting and I do hope you really "licked" it - it is a euphemism used with the group as if someone sees you licking it - they won't be interested in it so it is safe!

I don't think anyone has actually licked it but a good idea to get your name on the backside.

Congratulations on the slab and faucet!

• whit461
    10 years ago

Can't wait to see finished pics. Our marble counters are being installed tomorrow morning, and frankly I don't know how I am going to get through work today.

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

What is the faucet? I can see that in my dream house kitchen.

• murpharoo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cifial. I ordered it online after being told lead time of 4 weeks. 3 weeks went by and i asked. they then said 12 weeks. i cancelled order and found it new on ebay! the local faucet place said they stopped carrying because the lead time from Portugal was always so long.

• ikeltz
    10 years ago

That is a BEAUTIFUL slab!!! It is going to look fantastic. I love the faucet as well. You have great taste. I can't wait to be at the marble stage of our kitchen remodel.

Please please post pictures!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Love it! When will it be installed??