Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Sneak peak of backsplash going in!

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

Our backsplash FINALLY arrived after months on the slow boat (row boat?) from Spain and most of it went in today. We are short 1 single tile{{gwi:807}}. Lol.

We now have to wait until Monday for grout, but here is a sneak peak. I think I really like it, but I need to see it grouted - I hope it blends a little more.

I'm not sure if it comes over in pics, but the colors are really harmonius with our cabinets/ floors/ butcher block and counters.

Please excuse all the junk on the counters!

This post was edited by hobokenkitchen on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 19:33

Comments (44)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Congrats!

When did you make a decision?

How did I miss that? Or am I just that forgetful?

Close up pics?

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Made the decision months ago, but it had to come from Spain and it took simply forever to arrive.

I'll take more pics soon....

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Oooo, pretty! I love the pattern, and it does work very nicely with your kitchen. Great choice!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Looking good so far! Wow!
    Congratulations
    Definitely need more pictures of that backsplash
    Welcome to an new ABB alumnus!!

• justmakeit
    11 years ago

I love the conversation the tile is having with your pendants. Can't wait to see the grouted, finished 'splash, and the rest of the kitchen too. Beautiful!

• natebear zone 10B
    11 years ago

justmakeit took the the words out of my mouth. It's lovely! Well worth the wait IMO.

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Wow, I want to see a closeup of that tile! Absolutely gorgeous!

• Molly Phillips
    11 years ago

I love it! Can't wait to see more pictures....and that's a perfect description of your pendants and bs!

• stacieann63
    11 years ago

Wow it is beautiful! Can't wait to see it grouted.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Very excited to see your post! The lights are distracting in the picture so it's a tad hard to see... when will it be grouted? Please post more pictures from different angles so we can all enjoy too! Best, oldbat2be

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

So happy for you! This is G O R G E O U S!!!!! You are soon to be non-ABB. My install is scheduled to begin 4/29.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Ooh! Muy bonita!!!!

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

I want close-ups! Its looks so pretty from far too though!

• homebuyer23
    11 years ago

That is really gorgeous!! And I love those lights!
    On another note, could I bother you to tell me the width of your island and perhaps share your layout, or just a picture of your kitchen from further back? I have a layout option with the range and sink on same wall just like yours and I'm loving the way yours looks...
    congrats, they were worth the wait!

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

One of the nicest I've seen here in a long time and beautifully coordinated in both color and style. And highly individual. Love it!

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

that looks fantastic!

• smiling
    11 years ago

Fantastic with those pendants! Gorgeous! Worth waiting for!

• finestra
    11 years ago

Ooh I love it! I love how it picks up the diagonals in the lighting.

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! And I love how it plays off the pendants.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I'd also love a close up and info/details.

Looking for DD2 a tile and you seem to have the same taste.

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

That is gorgeous! It looks so good with your cabinets and kitchen. I love it!

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It was grouted today - I really like it... I think. It's always an adjustment when such a big change happens!

We now have to wait for the last single tile we are missing - they said it will be shipping next week. Based on their track record of delivering this tile, we'll probably get to install it some time July. ; )

My phone just ran out of battery, but I'll post a pic as soon as it's charged up again.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Grouted:

• Maria33904
    11 years ago

It looks beautiful! Great job.

• kellysar
    11 years ago

I absolutely love your tile. Your kitchen is so beautiful!

• shelayne
    11 years ago

Simply SPECTACULAR!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Looks sooooo good in your kitchen and it's really perfect with the light fixture!

My bedroom lamp is a cousin to your light fixture!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

hi hoboken. its stunning, sparkly yet calm. i love it ! your hard work has paid off. enjoy every minute of it!
    Best to you!

• rkb21
    11 years ago

It's really beautiful!

• smiling
    11 years ago

Even MORE stunning after grouting! Spectacular without being the least bit garish. Classy!

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

Would you be willing to share the name of the tile?

• enduring
    11 years ago

That is very pretty. Nice selection. I hope you enjoy every day. It is perfect.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Wow, that's beautiful! It totally plays off the light fixture, too as cat_mom said. Very nice!

• localeater
    11 years ago

Hoboken, it looks really lovely, very sophisticated.

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Fabulous!

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Gorgeous Hoboken! Love the overall look.

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

wow, stunning! well worth the wait!

• function_first
    11 years ago

Holy freakin' cow, I've never seen such a gorgeous backsplash. That absolutely could not have been any more perfect for your kitchen. Nice, nice, nice job. Wow.

• User
    11 years ago

Really beautiful. I love the pic that includes the light. Perfect adornment. c

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! Here's a super close up which shows the floral pattern.

It's 6 x 6 porcelain Bamboo Flower Deco Dawn.
    I purchased through Garden State Tile - but here's a link with the information on the tile.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bamboo Flower Dawn tile

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Love the closeup. Wow wow wow! You must be so happy to be done (almost done?). There's always a punchlist, no?

BTW - did you make any decisions on the bathroom tile? Any progress pics from there?

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Awesome, zowie, stunning.
    Just love it in your kitchen!
    Welcome to the ABB alumni club!

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ob2b - just missing the window seat cushion - no idea when that will get done! Otherwise we're pretty much done!

Of course now the electrical outlets need new screws as the old ones are too short. Arghhhh!

We did decide on the bathroom, so now all 3 are more or less finished and just need the odd tweak here and there. I'll post pics of those soon too.

• msrose
    11 years ago

How did I miss this yesterday? Oh my, what a beautiful and very special backsplash. I do think we have similar taste. You want to pick my backsplash out for me :)