Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silgranit - but Diamond or Precis?

Posted by terri0826 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 19:12

I've decided on Silgranit (I think..... lol) super single. But now I can't decided between the Diamond or Precis. It will be undermount, so other than the Diamond being dual mount and the drain placement in the back corner am I missing any other differences?

Which did you go with and why?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silgranit - but Diamond or Precis?

Had the same decision to make a few months ago. I went with Precis, Diamond has a bit of a curve to the shape and thought it looked a bit more contemporary. Also I like the symmetry of the drain being right in line with the faucet. I don't think there is a wrong choice, go with the one that grabs you. BTW... love, love, love the sink!

This post was edited by ctycdm on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 0:48

o

Corner drain on the Blanco Diamond is awesome. You can set large pans down to soak in the sink without blocking the drain, and it allows tons of room under the sink because the drain pipe under the sink is out of the way to the side.

One difference between the two sinks is the cabinet base size required. For an undermount, the Blanco Diamond needs a 35" cabinet, the Blanco Precis needs a 36" cabinet. Many people have sink cabinets that are even-numbered anyway, so they'd have a 36" cabinet regardless. But I thought I'd mention it.

o

I'm deciding on this myself. I think I'm going with the Diamond because I like the idea of the offset drain so I can set things on one side and not block the drain. They're probably both fine though.

o

Went with Precis because our plumbing exits the slab right where the drain for the Diamond would have been. Difficult to get the GD hooked up and all the plumbing in under those circumstances.

o

I went with the Precis. I, too, couldn't decide between the Diamond and the Precis. Since I wasn't trying to squeeze lots of items under my sink, just the GD, I didn't need to consider the space issue. Some folks like the offset Diamond so they can put a garbage pullout unde the sink. In the end, the designer at my fabricator's office said she liked the Precis's quilted bottom better for what she called my "pro style" kitchen. So I just went with that. I occasionally do wish the drain was offset so my large pans don't block the drain, but its not that big a deal. If I had to do it over, I think I might so the Diamond, although I am drawn the the symmetry of the Precis. :)

(Ignore the hideous color that the lovely Metallic Gray looks here. I can't seem to capture the color well.)
Metallic gray silgranit with Carrara

o

Thanks everyone! I've been consumed with cabinets the last few days. Feels like we will never get done lol.

More to think about and mull over this weekend. Love the pictures! They really help!

o

Bringing this back to ask if there is size difference in actual usable space between the two. I looked at specs but can't really figure it out. Thanks!

o

Also, I see it said that the Precis has a "quilted" bottom ... but how does that differ from the Diamond bottom? I can't seem to tell a difference and I've never seen either in person. Thanks again

o

It's difficult to see here, but the Diamond has a quilted floor also.

o

As to size, they are very similar. The Precis is 30" wide and 17" front to back. The Diamond is 30.5" wide and 16.6" front to back. Both have 9.5" deep bowls.

Either way, these are both great sinks!

o

Thank you for such a quick response and great info!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here