Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrinm

Silgranit - but Diamond or Precis?

Terri
10 years ago

I've decided on Silgranit (I think..... lol) super single. But now I can't decided between the Diamond or Precis. It will be undermount, so other than the Diamond being dual mount and the drain placement in the back corner am I missing any other differences?

Which did you go with and why?

Thanks!

Comments (11)

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

Had the same decision to make a few months ago. I went with Precis, Diamond has a bit of a curve to the shape and thought it looked a bit more contemporary. Also I like the symmetry of the drain being right in line with the faucet. I don't think there is a wrong choice, go with the one that grabs you. BTW... love, love, love the sink!

This post was edited by ctycdm on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 0:48

• pseudochef
    10 years ago

I'm deciding on this myself. I think I'm going with the Diamond because I like the idea of the offset drain so I can set things on one side and not block the drain. They're probably both fine though.

• lucas_tx_gw
    10 years ago

Went with Precis because our plumbing exits the slab right where the drain for the Diamond would have been. Difficult to get the GD hooked up and all the plumbing in under those circumstances.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I went with the Precis. I, too, couldn't decide between the Diamond and the Precis. Since I wasn't trying to squeeze lots of items under my sink, just the GD, I didn't need to consider the space issue. Some folks like the offset Diamond so they can put a garbage pullout unde the sink. In the end, the designer at my fabricator's office said she liked the Precis's quilted bottom better for what she called my "pro style" kitchen. So I just went with that. I occasionally do wish the drain was offset so my large pans don't block the drain, but its not that big a deal. If I had to do it over, I think I might so the Diamond, although I am drawn the the symmetry of the Precis. :)

(Ignore the hideous color that the lovely Metallic Gray looks here. I can't seem to capture the color well.)

• Terri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I've been consumed with cabinets the last few days. Feels like we will never get done lol.

More to think about and mull over this weekend. Love the pictures! They really help!

• joneswest
    10 years ago

Bringing this back to ask if there is size difference in actual usable space between the two. I looked at specs but can't really figure it out. Thanks!

• joneswest
    10 years ago

Also, I see it said that the Precis has a "quilted" bottom ... but how does that differ from the Diamond bottom? I can't seem to tell a difference and I've never seen either in person. Thanks again

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

It's difficult to see here, but the Diamond has a quilted floor also.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

As to size, they are very similar. The Precis is 30" wide and 17" front to back. The Diamond is 30.5" wide and 16.6" front to back. Both have 9.5" deep bowls.

Either way, these are both great sinks!

• joneswest
    10 years ago

Thank you for such a quick response and great info!