Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amharris

Backsplash ideas--need GW advice!!

Anne Harris
11 years ago

Hi all. I'm redoing a kitchen in a second home. The current kitchen has been removed, but we haven't installed cabinets yet so I don't have pictures yet. This is intended to be a relatively budget friendly kitchen (oxymoron), because ultimately we will do a more extensive renovation down the road which likely will impact the kitchen. However, in case that dream renovation gets postponed (or never happens) I want to have a space I can be happy with for a long time!

The house is contemporary, so the kitchen needs to fairly contemporary too. I'm using IKEA cabinets in a beech finish, along with stainless steel drawers in the island. The countertop will be caesarstone Dreamy Marfil (it's a creamy background with hints of gray and warm tones (my thought is it works with both the wood and the stainless). The floor is a dark stained wood.

For the backsplash, I keep envisioning glass tiles rather than stone or ceramic. I'd love any ideas!

The attached pics in photobucket (hope they work) show a rendering of the cabinet wall where the backsplash will be as well as pictures of the wood for the cabs, the countertop, and a few sample glass tiles. Also included is a picture that I found online that looks like my set up.

The island isn't shown in the rendering--but it's directly in front of the cabinet wall.

I see so many good ideas from people on this site--please weigh in--thank you!!!!

http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/amharris2326/library/Napa Kitchen% 20ideas?page=1

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

This post was edited by Anne2326 on Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 19:07

Comments (5)