Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dvdre_gw

Quirky appliance garage and spice pullout (pics)

dvdre
14 years ago

I am still not a huge fan of that appliance garage and pillar, but it is growing on me. Now that it is finished, I do appreciate that it hides away three appliances.

View into the kitchen, appliance garage at end of counter:

Front-on view of the appliance garage:

Appliance garage open. Note that the granite countertop notches into the garage, without a seam:

Front view of the spice rack pullout, fit into a small space next to dishwasher:

The spice rack pulled out. Great storage space in a small niche:

FYI, countertop is Typhoon Bordeaux.

Comments (12)

• swspitfire
    14 years ago

Love the appliance garage. When I was planning my space I was considering one but decided I did not have the room.
    Yours looks great!
    I have a similar spice rack. Not in use yet. (just installed today)

And ofcourse typhoon bordeaux is magnifique!

• annkathryn
    14 years ago

Nice job having the granite fabricated so that you didn't need a seam. What was it like having it installed? Did it have to be eased into place at an angle?

Beautiful granite & cabinets!

• plllog
    14 years ago

I think the garage looks great! I assume the pillar is holding up the ceiling, so you had to have it there anyway, and it's a great way to be able to have the toaster and coffee near the seating, which is optimal, while not having them out on the island, which is more optimal. :)

• jterrilynn
    14 years ago

Nice inventive appliance garage and it looks very great in your space. I donÂt mean to highjack your post with other questions but you have the same door style and a very similar stain to what I have picked out for my future kitchens base cabinets. Could I ask you your stain color and wood used? It looks like cherry with Cordovan & Sable glaze? It is hard to tell with my eyes and monitor.
    Thank you!

• katsmah
    14 years ago

I really like your appliance garage. I wasn't even thinking about having one, but now I'll try to see if I could fit one in like you have. They did a wonderful job with your granite.

• dvdre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

jterrilynn: That's more or less a medium cherry with an ebony wash on the cabinets. (And it is very nice.)

plllog: Nope, that pillar is for design purposes only. It does not hold up anything. Our designer, who correctly called very other decision, felt it was needed to anchor that peninsula. It's not an island, and the ceiling squares off. The dropped ceiling was needed for plumbing reasons.

On the grainte: The fabricator had never seen a notched in job like this, but was game and did a great job. A seam would not have been a big deal really, but he did it according to the design.

• jterrilynn
    14 years ago

Lovely looking, and thank you dvdre!

• vampiressrn
    14 years ago

I am so glad you posted pictures of your appliance garage, as I am seriously contemplating one in the future. I love yours...very unique. Your spice cabinet is great too!!! Congratulations on your beautiful kitchen, :-)

• MariposaTraicionera
    14 years ago

They both great! I would never have thought of that.

• nosreip
    11 years ago

I love love love your paint color!!!!! Could you please share what it is! You have great taste! Also cute kitchen garage!

• ellabee_2016
    11 years ago

I think your kitchen designer was onto something; the pillar provides a comfy psychological barrier from the living room area without actually closing it off. I'd feel pretty exposed working at that sink without it -- and the chance to keep the counter clear is an excellent bonus. Beautifully done by your fabricator.

Have fun cooking away!

• Candace
    2 years ago

I love your appliance garage. Can you point me in the direction of where to get the hardware for it. My cabinet guy has never created one, so trying to help him out as much as I can. Any advice would be SOOO appreciated!!!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio