Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ootm_mom

Backsplash has started!

OOTM_Mom
10 years ago

BS started today, and range delivery scheduled for later this week! The end is in sight!

Comments (24)

• Kitch4me
    10 years ago

How exciting! The herringbone looks great!
    Mine should start tomorrow.
    Hoping to be finished the end of this week, then on to the next room...lol!

• mgmum
    10 years ago

Looks awesome!

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Your counters are lovely also.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I feel like the end is actually in sight. Debating between bright white and saunteen (sp?) for grout. The cooler bright white would hit the counter colors a little better, the other is a little closer to matching the tile, and my sink. My under cabinet lighting looks a bit yellower at the top now, whereas before it read straight cool with the paint color (was a light blue). I think it may be due to the maple color underside of the cabinets. I may try putting white vinyl under a section of cabinet to see if it takes down the yellow from the lights.

I do feel like the space seems bigger with the BS, ratherbthan the paint. I wasnt expecting that. Odd, but good.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Super good choice! Love the texture that the herringbone provides without competing with the gorgeous counter!

• lydia1959
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Looks really nice!

Can you tell me what your counters are? I am looking for a similar look with the same colors.

• eam44
    10 years ago

Super Pretty. Nice installation. Glad it's working out for you.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Super must be the word of the day--I was thinking super nice! As I scrolled down, I saw super was on a lot of minds while they viewed your pic! :)

• deedles
    10 years ago

Love the herringbone pattern... looks really pretty!

• amykath
    10 years ago

It looks great! I would pick a grout color similar to what I am seeing now (the contrast in the photo without grout). If you choose the same color as the tile you might loose the pattern and the pop. Just my two cents.

• fishymom
    10 years ago

The herringbone looks fabulous!

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lydia, counters are Fantasy Brown, leathered. Some places labeled them quartzite, but my fabricator said they are marble. I love them, but they will show wear and tear. Although the leathering and their coloring make it hard to see.

Aktillery, hmmmm, I was leaning towards as little contrast as possible with grout, to make sure it doesnt compete too much with counters. Doing a sample board with grout colors today, maybe I'll try one section with a bit more contrast than I was planning judt to be sure.

Thanks all, I cant wait to do a final reveal...although I've posted so much along the way it wont be that much of a surprise. Well, thereis the range. II am so excited, like a kid the week before Christmas! Please letthe color work like I planned it to!

• speaktodeek
    10 years ago

Wow, give your tiler a pizza; they are doing very nice work! I disagree about a darker grout. You WILL see the pattern even with perfectly matched grout, because it's 3-dimensional. For this reason, I'd match grout to the tiles so the pattern is seen dimensionally but not in color contrast which I think would be too loud. You want to see it but not have it scream for attention and compete with the movement in your pretty stone.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I agree to match grout to tile. Right now the BS and counter have equal patterning, maybe with the BS having the edge, and you want your counters to be the star.

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

Looks great!! What color grout did you pick out?

• romy718
    10 years ago

The tile color & herringbone pattern look perfect with those beautiful countertops & cabinets! Looking forward to more pics.

• chiefy
    10 years ago

Gorgeous. I love herringbone patterns. Such a simple twist on the classic subway that adds so much to a room.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Beautiful! My word of the day - awesome!
    The end is in sight!
    My DH wanted grout darker than the tile - the tile guy wasn't convinced and put some grout powder into the samples - he was right - go lighter - your tiles will still show.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Focal area going up. I liked the herringbone so much I almost nixed this. Still no decision on grout. Waiting to see samples.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's gonna be sautern. Sautern is on the left, light pewter in the middle, and bright white on the right.

• Sarina
    10 years ago

Oh my I love those counters and love the splash you did with it good job!

• dgormish
    10 years ago

Looks fantastic! A beautiful kitchen!

• tmy_jax
    10 years ago

Looks great! Keep the eye candy coming!