Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You know you're TKO...

Posted by gardeningnovice (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 18:47

...when your kids start designing unprompted layouts. My seven year old created this model and my five year old wrote out a to-do checklist, so we "don't forget anything." I did have to tell them that a lazy Susan with a pole and an over the counter microwave were probably not optimal, but I appreciate a cabinet totally dedicated to dessert. I also appreciated the addition of a fictional pet, though I am not taking the hint.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You know you're TKO...

Sorry, phot didn't seem to load

o

Awesome!

o

Love it! Is that a diamond tile backsplash?

o

I think a dessert cabinet is a wonderful idea.

These kids have a bright future...!

o

Nhbaskets, I asked and was told it is a backspash, though when I asked what it was made out of my daughter looked at me a little confused and said "marker?"

o

That is awesome..
And the very reason, I have the job I have..my kids are nearly grown..I work in a K-5 Elementary office. Everyday is a different day.

o

That's much better than some of the kitchen layouts I've seen.

o

A marker backsplash! Why didn't I think of that?

Kids are funny.

o

Awesome!

o

that is amazing, lol!

o

A dry erase board for the backsplash. You could use markers and erase anytime you want! The dessert cabinet is not that unusual. Don't we all have a cabinet or pantry space devoted to snacks? I love the color combo of green and purple with a little brown. Looks like a cool retro kitchen : )

o

Great mock-up! You must tell your child the pet must match the kitchen, however. :)

debrak2008: Yes, I thought many of us had "snack cabinets". One shelf is savory, the other is sweet.

o

Truly laughing (and reading) aloud!

o

This is so sweet! I must join the crowd because my 4 and 7 year old have been drawing the new layout for our renos too. (I'm thinking to swap the kitchen and family room). Every now and then I get a, " I have a great idea! How about we put the kitchen over here?" (The kitchen has ended up being swapped to the location of the powder room!)

o

Future GW'ers! Lol!

o

Fantastic! I knew I was missing something in my layout: the dessert cabinet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here