Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seosmp_gw

cooktop cabinet - angled posts on sides, or just pull out

seosmp
11 years ago

Hi,

My original plan for my cooktop / oven cabinet was to have angled posts on the sides (so cabinet would be pulled out 3 inches and there would be half posts angled on the sides). See the attached picture at the end of this post. Long story, but it turns out the post I wanted was 4.5" wide, and the cabinetmaker will have to do some finagling to get this to work (I don't like the look of narrower posts). He can get it to work, but I'm now rethinking this.

My Plan B was to just pull the cooktop / oven cabinet out 3 inches (no posts on the sides), and then use decorative baseboard trim on the bottom (furniture look) - like this pic below (which is my newest favorite kitchen). Counter would have a soft right angle instead of angle.

I will not have posts anywhere else in the kitchen (I don't want to take up legroom for the island seating). I was thinking I could do the furniture look on all end panels and the sink cabinet as well (which won't really be pulled out but will have a stainless apron front sink). I already planned some kind of decorative baseboard/feet on the island.

What do you think would look better? I don't see a lot of angled posts, so this must not be very popular.

Pictures always help too! :)

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths