Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rknee_gw

Backsplash Choices - pics

rknee
15 years ago

We went backsplash shopping today. Quite an endless array of choices at Volpe Tile. Fortunately we had Sue to guide us through the process.

We managed to limit our choices down to two. Couple pics below. Would appreciate your opinion.

Two Tile Sections

Etched Field Blend

Negev Blend

Â

Against the wall 1

Against the Wall 2

Detailed Etched Field Blend

Here is a link that might be useful: www.akitchenremodel.com

Comments (17)

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

darn reflection off my monitor - can't see your countertop properly.

I have a very similar tile as the Negev blend and used it as a vertical strip accent to chocolate coloured porcelain tiles.

What are you plans for the backsplash - full backsplash everywhere?

I can see the neat pattern on the etched field blend - cool.

will look again in a different light.

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

Hands down the Etched Field Blend for me... PERFECT!

• katiee511
    15 years ago

another vote for the etched field blend. very pretty choice!

• pattyk_64
    15 years ago

Etched Field, it's beautiful!

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

I agree - the pale of the Etched Field is silver, which is very nice. The Negev has bits of marble that are a bit pale, white I think for your counter. And I remember saying to the tile sales person that they reminded me of the baby's favourite snack - freeze dried apple pieces

• faleash
    15 years ago

It's unanimous! The texture even reaches through the screen :) And I think I see a tiny piece of my Dacor RGC365 cooktop that just arrived today... do you like yours??

• anncarolyn
    15 years ago

I had an electrician install all my lights in my remodeled kitchen yesterday. I are very pleased with one exception. Over my island, I had two mini pendants with small globes installed. The island is 36" wide and 63" long. He divided the length in 3rd's and hung the pendants, so each light is 21 inches from end of island and 21" from each other. They just seem a little too close together. The lighting is good though.
    Could someone with a similiar size island let me know about your pendant distance? I am trying to decide if I want to pay (again) to have them moved a few inches ( and then having the ceiling repaired).

Thanks,

Carolyn

• debbie_123
    15 years ago

I'd like to cast my vote for the etched field blend. I love the secret designs and different patterns in the tile. The sparkle in your backsplash will echo the sparkle in your granite. Your blog is great! Gives me hope for a smooth kitchen remodel someday.

• brescianlute
    15 years ago

Separately I like the Negev, but considering your floor tile visible on pics from your link, definitely the Etched Field Blend would be best.

• kntryhuman
    15 years ago

The etched blend all the way.

Where did you find that tile? It's gorgeous.

• dreamywhite
    15 years ago

When looking at your cabinets I would say Negev Blend goes so nice with the rich colors of your cabinets but after seeing the granite and flooring I would go with the etched because it matches the "whole" kitchen much better.

• rknee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the comment. GWer's are great!

chloe's mom: yes, backsplash everywhere, including the butler's pantry

faleash - yes, you've spotted our Dacor cooktop. We love it except one of the burner won't stop clicking. What a disappointment to already have to call for service.

debbie 123: the "secret" designs. love the phrase. That's one of the plusses for the Etched in my mind. Knowing it's there and having some one discover it on their own.

brescianlute: yes, by itself, the Negev is a prettier combination/pattern, but the Etched seems a better fit in the kitchen because of the floor.

dreamwhite - my thinking too, the Negev matches the cabinets perfectly. The darker brown/bronze pieces are gorgeous.

kntryhuman: The tiles are from here Soho Stuio

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

Have you looked at some of the other fusion tiles? The colours of Fusion on the website have less white marble...also, there's the Fusion Dark Walnut

Here's a photo of mine (not a terribly good photo, mind you - I too love the dark amber pieces, though I'm still trying to get grout out of them)

• rknee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Awesome lizard!

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

I have two on my backsplash. I'd like to pretend that it is a touch of artistic flare. But in fact, they are hiding some pre-purchase-of-my-wet-saw boo boos. I siliconed the little guys in place - they've always made me smile in other houses that I've lived in, first time that they serve a second purpose.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

The Etched Field Blend appears to have gray which connects with the black(?) counter. I love that one. The other one goes great with the cabinets, but leaves the counter out.

• sandsonik
    15 years ago

Well, I agree with everyone else. I prefer the etched field blend. I think the other may actually match the cabinet a little better, but the etched field matches the counter/cabinet combo better.

Also, and I could be mistaken, either the tiles look slightly larger or the Negev blend is beveled or something? My own personal bias is that I think very small tiles tend to look too busy so that may be another reason I picked the one that looks larger to me. Beautiful tiles though, love the detail on them!