Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ffud_gw

Wall Colour

ffud
10 years ago

I live in an older home with a kitchen eating area that has been added on to the original kitchen. I would like to change the wall colour which is now beige. The kitchen has cream wood cabinets and I would like to carry the wall colour into it as well.

Any recommendations on a colour for this room. It is a very bright room with lots of light. The kitchen does not have very much natural light and I am going to keep the cream cupboards.

Thank you very much

Comments (13)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

What a pretty kitchen! I really like the color on your wall now. What color family do you have in mind? My current favorites are BM soft fern, philadelphia cream, barley, casa bella, and golden straw.

• momto3kiddos
    10 years ago

Look at BM Wdgewood gray or one darker. I think it would look great with the colors you have now and it reads soft, but cozy blue.

• bpage40
    10 years ago

what color paint do you currently have in your kitchen?

• eleena
    10 years ago

and what's wrong with it?

• ffud
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The Wall color is beige. The picture is with bright overhead lighting on. The room does not have much natural light maple tree on neigbbours yard blocks it. Very dull look. Was looking at aqua or green blue with cream cabinets.

• carolmka
    10 years ago

I have a cream white kitchen with north light. We used BM Monroe Bisque. I painted it 8 years ago and still love it. The ultimate compliment is that friends and family have used the color. The thing about paint color I believe tends to be on the direction the room face and your climate. I live in the Chicago area where cool colors are not super popular because its cold here!

• formerlyflorantha
    10 years ago

Darkish mustard yellow? A more yellow yellow?

Yellow rooms radiate warmth--a good color for cold climates.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

A warm beige type yellow would be pretty.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh I do like the idea of a soft aqua. I have a very good friend who has a true white kitchen with aqua walls and it is lovely!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

If you want to bring the outside in, then a soft green like BM soft fern would be lovely.

If you want to give it more of a modern and trendy edge, then go with a soft blue gray like BM beacon gray.

If you want high contrast then go with a deep jewel toned color like a navy, emerald or rust or golden tan like BM maple sugar.

From the pic it doesn't look like there is a lot of wall space so a deep color would certainly work in the space. The navy would look great with red accents...or yellow accents...or spring green accents.

• cawaps
    10 years ago

You could do almost anything and it would look good with what's there.

This green might be pretty. Benjamin Moore Wispy Green

My living room is Behr Lime Light, which is a quite muted aqua.

• momto3kiddos
    10 years ago

I used SW Tidewater in my girls bedrooms and it is a beautiful, but not overpowering aqua color. SW Quietude is another nice blue green (more blue than green) that falls into the more muted category. Good luck... Paint is hard. My favorite color in the new house is Martha Stewart Plumage... Dark turquoise and it looks great with lots of white trim. If you are thinking about going bold, look into it.

• sis2two
    10 years ago

We just used BM's Powell Buff which is very similar to Monroe Bisque. I actually really like it and would describe it as a pale yellow tan. Very neutral and soft. I really like your kitchen and think the Powell Buff would be pretty.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES