Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Farmhouse sink + this Moen faucet ?

crl_
9 years ago

We have a tight area for our sink in our 1926 French Revival house because doorways constrain the depth of the sink run to shallower than usual. We plan to deal with that by pulling a farmhouse sink out a few inches deeper than the rest of the cabinet run. I'd like to keep that to as small of a pullout as we can manage so I'm trying to choose a sink and faucet combination that doesn't exacerbate the situation. We are also planning to install new bigger windows above the sink which will come down to within a few inches of the sink. So I also want to choose a faucet that won't create problems with a window will behind it.

I am considering the Kohler white haven cast iron apron front sink, which is 21 9/16 inches "wide" ie front to back.

I found the moen boardwalk kitchen faucet, which has a pull out spray, which I like. I also like that it is not a big high gooseneck faucet. I like that style in some settings, but I'd rather not have the faucet be a focal point in this situation. I also like that it is not an auto on/off as I prefer relatively simple things so there is less to break and I detest changing batteries. It also looks to me like the position of the lever on top should help keep it from banging against the backsplash/window sill.

Anyone have any thoughts on this sink, this faucet, or this combination?

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen boardwalk kitchen faucet

This post was edited by crl_ on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 18:52

Comments (10)