Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with kitchen layout please

Posted by jackson2348 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 18:31

We are building a new home. Have been working with a designer, and I think I don't love what he's done in the kitchen. I'm attaching a preliminary floor plan.

photo c19944b5-77cc-4fa0-a19e-b53241117516.jpg

I want a 36" rangetop and 36" built in fridge, he has drawn in 48". I'd like double ovens if we can find space, I have a range now and prefer DO. I'll have an ice maker and beverage fridge located elsewhere.

I can't decide if I'd prefer the sink or cooktop on the window wall. I love both looks. I'm also attatching pics of our current kitchen. I love how this kitchen functions with a nice tight triangle between the fridge, range, and prep sink, and miles of prep space on the island. The clean up zone is out of the cooks way.

photo cb14fe7e-7895-4e06-b156-cff86c7bff0d.jpg
 photo l574d2644-m6x.jpg

We will be doing site built cabinets, so there's no restrictions on cabinet sizing. If there are any questions, please fire away...Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with kitchen layout please

I suspect a 48" range would be in better scale for the size of your space. I have a 36" stove with 42" hood in a somewhat smaller layout (with only a 9' ceiling), and I think they look nice, not too small for me because I was looking more for a pretty than a commanding, dramatic look in the first place (good thing!), but I am glad they're not even an inch narrower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here