Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jadedbaroness

Kitchen island replacement

JadedBaroness
10 years ago

Hi all,
We are in the process of concreting the vision for our kitchen remodel coming this fall. We are currently in the middle of refinishing our cabinets (DIY with gel stain and they're coming out great!), chose our countertop installer, found someone to do a built-in sideboard with cubbies for storage, etc. but our big hang up right now is our island. It isn't the right size or configuration for our kitchen and we want to remove and replace it.

The new one will be 3x5, I know exactly the features and look and I want for it and i want it unfinished so it can be painted with a custom color. It will be simple, not that big, and we are on a budget. The kitchen places seem to not offer unfinished choices. Where can I go for an "unfinished" island? We are driving distance from Lancaster, pa so amish made custom island sounds appealing but I am having trouble finding someone online, no one I know has a recommendation and it's not close enough to just head out there with no leads. I'd love to find someone more local but I am not sure where to start. Is there somewhere reputable online that one can buy unfinished cabinets and I can have my GC put it together and install?

How does one replace JUST an island? Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way?

Comments (4)