Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pantry Lighting 6 x 2 1/2 FT

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 18:17

What are you using in your pantry and closets for lights?

Any suggestions for lighting a 6 ft x 2 1/2 ft pantry or longer closets of similar depth ?

Have seen reference to LED bars - does any one have one?

Flourescent isn't the favorite around here - but if needed to go this direction what are the recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pantry Lighting 6 x 2 1/2 FT

I'm not a big fan of fluorescents, either, so I just went with a simple, ceiling mounted fixture from Lowes with a frosted glass shade and 2 100 watt bulbs.

It was a little difficult to find one with 2 100 watt bulbs, but I'm glad I kept looking until I did--pantry, which is 5x7, is very bright.

o

I just put in a motion sensor regular light. Downstream, I might switch it to LED. The switch I bought will work with either

o

We are actually just putting what's left of the LED strip lighting that we're using for in-cabinet and under cabinet lighting in the pantry. We will have about 5 feet of strip lighting left so we figure we might as well use it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here