Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresacooks

finished ikea kitchen

teresacooks
13 years ago

This is my finished Liljestad kitchen. It's almost a year old now and I'm finally getting around to posting pictures. We combined the kitchen and the dining room and made a peninsula with drawers and a mixer lift (which I LOVE). The microwave is hidden in an oven cabinet and is a combination microwave convection oven. Also great. The dishwasher is the new (at the time) renlig so it integrates into the kitchen. I have a Domsjo sink, which is great except for metal kind of rubs off on it, so if you scrub a pot or cookie sheet then you have to scrub the sink with barkeeper's friend. We drilled a hole in the sink for a sprayer and installed a cover control garbage disposal with no problems. We used subway tile and some art deco tiles from NZ for the backsplash, and I have a desk that is also made from Liljestad drawers and my countertop on one end of the kitchen. I can clear it and use it when I entertain as a serving station. The countertops are giallo michelangelo zodiaq and they are beautiful and functional. I have chose a samsung fridge and a fratelli onofri stove with a futuro futuro hood.

I wasn't able to put my pictures in the body here for some reason so:

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Kitchen Pictures

Comments (39)

• Fori
    13 years ago

Hey there's only one picture! I want to see more because I really like that ONE picture! :)

• mls99
    13 years ago

Very nice! I love the clean lines!

• busybme
    13 years ago

I, too, wish to see more, please!! It looks great from what I can see! : )

• Gena Hooper
    13 years ago

I can only see the one photo too, but that one looks marvelous!! So gracious and classic and inviting. Love it!!

• cleo07
    13 years ago

We need more photos. It looks great!

• doraville
    13 years ago

You waited a year and gave us only one picture? We need more photos of this great kitchen!

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

I agree with all of the above...more pics please:)

• sc_kathyc
    13 years ago

There are more pics, you have to drill down to find them. Click on sets, then click on teresa3's photo stream.

I think it looks awesome. I really like the cabinets and I usually prefer the painted ones.

teresacooks, what color is the wall?

• sochi
    13 years ago

Love your kitchen and I'll add my request: please more pictures!

• alice462
    13 years ago

Found all the photos and figured you for a great cook -- it looks like that is a hard working kitchen and oh, that stove, beautiful!

Your cooking blog is great, too -- can't wait to try some of those recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: teresa cooks

• Gena Hooper
    13 years ago

What a fantastic blog! I've bookmarked it and can't wait to try some of the recipes. Love your photos too. So beautiful (and appetizing)!

• marthavila
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is wonderful! So is your blog! Thanks so much for sharing it all with us.

• jcoxmd
    13 years ago

Beautiful! It looks like a wonderful place to spend time, cooking or not. And you have relieved any anxiety I was having about the single domsjo, too. Thanks!

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

What color did you use for the walls? Reminds me of the beautiful oranges that I have been seeing in kitchens like DonnaKay's.

Very nicely done--and I too think your mixer lift is great!!!

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

The kitchen is great but OMG!!!! that blog! I can't wait to try a bunch of your recipes. Thanks so much!!

• kodak1
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful and your recipes look delicious. I can't wait to try them. Enjoy your new space!!!

• autumngal
    13 years ago

Love love love your kitchen, but have to admit, I'm even more thrilled with the blog. I've been looking for a decent non-greasy quiche recipe for years and never thought of yogurt (duh). Thanks for the double inspiration!

Enjoy that amazing space-

• junicb
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! Slightly OT - how do you like the Renlig dishwasher? Would you purchase it again?

• jejvtr
    13 years ago

Teresa

Lovely - Please post more pics of the entire space.

I could not stop reading your BLOG!!!!!! For many reasons - YUM food - your writing style, humor, wisdom, ease of using words & putting yourself out there.

I bookmarked your blog site - will revisit to try some recipes I too love to cook. Ina is one of my favs!

Best to you & yours

• gobruno
    13 years ago

Teresa, love the blog. It's great. Seriously, do you do something food related for a living, or is this just a informal passion? I instantly found several recipes I wanted to try bc they seemed accessible and appealing to a family with kids. Thank you!

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

Very nice! The Liljestad has such a nice traditional look. Your kitchen would be a great example for folks who think IKEA is to modern. Our new IKEA kitchen is modern -- but yours shows the other end of the fabulous spectrum. Well done!

• megradek
    13 years ago

Awesome kitchen and what a lovely blog!! I've made the irish brown bread from a book my mom gave be after a trip to Ireland. yum!

post more pictures!

• gayleski
    13 years ago

Nice kitchen! :)

• grlwprls
    13 years ago

Lovely kitchen and a wonderful blog.

• malhgold
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. I love the dark colors mixed with the lighter colors and the white subway. Enjoy your new space!

P.S. my kids are going to love the garlicky shrimp recipe. And now I don't have to peel all the shrimp anymore!!!

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

saved the cooking blog to check some recipes tomorrow. only found 1 pic of kitchen tho - less they are somewhere on the blog...

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Kitchen looks great...blog is beautiful...kids are adorable!

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Great kitchen - and great blog! Love the photos and the recipes.

Yet another kitchen to add to my folder to convince my MIL to do an IKEA kitchen - it looks wonderful.

Eliz

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Kitchen looks great...blog is beautiful...kids are adorable!

• amanda_t
    13 years ago

I loooove it!! I just bought a truckload of Ikea Liljestad for my kitchen! I am also planning a light-colored counter to contrast with the darker oak. I can't wait to get them installed, I hope my kitchen turns out as lovely and welcoming as yours. :)

• swspitfire
    13 years ago

I must be a dummy this am, I can only see one picture. Looks great.
    Can someone post a link to the others.....

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

I can only see one picture and on the blog, I only see yummy recipes that are amazing. Please someone post a link with pictures of the kitchen itself.

• julie94062
    13 years ago

Love your kitchen! Such a great space to make and enjoy all that great food. :-)

For those who couldn't find the rest of the pictures, here's a link...

Theresa's Kitchen

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

Great kitchen that works to cook all those yummy recipes. I also love your great blog!

I am actually going to look into an Ikea kitchen versus refacing my doors. Thanks for sharing.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Love your Lilje kitchen! It looks so warm and inviting! I have to say your photography of your food (and your kiddos) is really exceptional. And the food is very enticing!

Would love to hear more about your remodel. How long did it take? Were you DIY?

I'll have to go back and check out your blog. Looks like some very yummy recipes!

• keptoz
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen - I love the color of your cabinets with the sink. Great job!!

• teresacooks
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, I had no idea all these posts were here. I never get email notification no matter what I type.
    Thanks for all the nice things you all had to say about the kitchen and the blog.
    Questions that were asked: the paint is c2 savannah I'm pretty sure. The renlig dishwasher is great. If I were designing it I would put the silverwear holder in the front, not the side, but I still love it.
    We did about 75% of the renovation ourselves (well my dad and brother's selves;).
    A contractor took out the wall, moved the window, the gas, the electric etc. . . and my family put in all the cabinets, and the finish plumbing etc. . . We had a tile guy for the tile. I'll actually try to put up a better picture of the porteus tiles, I love them so.
    I think I fixed the one picture problem and the original link now links to a whole series of pics.
    If anyone had a question that did not get answered, please don't hesitate to email or ask again.
    Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm not a food professional, just a mom who likes to cook.
    teresa

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

The garlicky shrimp were stupendous!!!!

• goodguy2k2k
    10 years ago

is the mixer lift an Ikea item?
    Looks great! What width cabinet does this require?
    If not ikea - where did you get it?

Thanks.