Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarina_gw

Attenion Romy718, Mayflowers,.dgormish ,Hood up! Now for splash .

Sarina
10 years ago

Hey there .. Sorry I disappeared have been busy . Finally got hood up after having to fire the first guy , long story. Finally got it up two days before some company was coming to stay awhile. So now its on to splash tile . Now I saw the Versailles just now on other post and I do like it . I bet though it will be costly to do it all over as it is sold by tile .
I agree with Mayflowers that the 9 Horus art tiles in the frame are to busy . Took me awhile looking at it and what I was not getting was the tiles are 5 x 5 ! so in picture they look so much smaller. So that is out for sure . So in the Horus art tile in the Tiffany line they have a true 3 x 6 which the Cristala (spelling) Horus art it is a 2 1/2 x 5 Subway so that will be some busier for sure which I did not think of . They also have a liner in the Tiffany Horus line I like almost as well as the Sonoma Way cool Twist liner. So I think I will do the Tiffany subway in biscuit with the liner 1 x 6 Cordolla Versallies ( link below ) over stove for frame 26 inches wide and 19 5/8 's tall with 5 x 5's plain in frame on the diagonal and in the middle three of the 5 x5 Horus Cristalla decorative ones across middle of frame on diagonal . I will attach a pic of what it looks like with hood up now.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiffany 1 x 6 Cordolla Versallies , second row one on right .

Comments (15)

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Should be just the right touch for your kitchen! I drew it up on graph paper since I'm such a visual person and it looks like it will be very pretty. You definitely need the decorative border now that you're using only three accent tiles. Looking forward to seeing it.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am so look forwarding to getting in today and placing order and can not wait to get it up. Mayflowers do you think I should use any border elsewhere or just the border for the frame over stove? Also not sure why on my post now my pic is gone and yesterday it was there when I posted. Do you see a picture of my stove and hood?

• Gracie
    10 years ago

No, but I know what a hood looks like.;)

I don't think using the border near the counter is worth the expense, and using it higher isn't my cup of tea. Where else were you thinking of using it? The only other part of your kitchen I remember is a peninsula.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Hi Sarina, glad you are moving forward. Your plan sounds good & if mayflowers drew it up & approves, that would make me feel confident. I didn't see your pic of your hood & range. Have fun today! I attached your previous post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horus Cristalli

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was not really planning on it but in your post I was wondering if you thought I was :) Just planning on the using it around frame . I was wondering if I should use a molding at the top under cabinet then start the subway or just plain subway . Most likely plain subways are best. What do you think?

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here it is posted again to see space above range . Do not know why it went poof .

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I don't think they put a molding at the cabinets. What does your tile salesperson say? You've also seen a mockup of the mural I assume? I'm saying I like how it looks on paper, but I haven't ever laid out tile.

• romy718
    10 years ago

I wouldn't put any additional moldings. I think all along may_flowers & I have been communicating "simpler is better."
    Sarina, take a look at OOTM's backsplash that went in today. Her cabinet color is similar, tiles are neutral, I think the range is the same size (not sure) & you can another example of a framed focal area above the range.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tile ordered no extra borders or anything added just the subway 3 x 6 all over and the liner I picked framing out the 5 x5's plain turned on diagonal and the three in middle 5 x 5 Horus Cristalli turned also for frame in middle over stove. Plain and simple :) Yay done and ordered should go in in a few weeks ! Thanks all for the help and input!! I was pretty sure in the end I would go simple and plain I am pretty much a simple is better gal and my last back splash was similar and I never got tired of it and it was also simple and plain. I think I played with other ideas so much as I feel I am boring with my choices . For me though it is the right choice and I feel glad I have it all picked and ordered . ( Wipes forehead ) . When done I will post it :)

• dgormish
    10 years ago

I think what your ordered is going to be great looking! I think you are going to love it and the space you have for it is perfect.

I ordered my backsplash tiles last week so I know what a relief it can be to get that done!

• romy718
    10 years ago

I'm so happy for you Sarina. You've definitely done your homework & the final outcome is going to be beautiful.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys :) Romy718 I saw the other back splash done today it was great . Loved it with her cabs and counters.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dgormish is sure is a relief to have it ordered and decided . I can not wait to see yours :)

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Sarina, I just noticed you used ORB knobs on your stained cabs. Good for you for being different. Looks great!

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They are a dark gray color not sure what they are called actually but I picked them from the semi custom builders stuff as I thought at first I would go with the blue pearl granite and thought would look good with it. Then in my granite I did end up with it had some gray it in so I was able to keep them. I really like them a lot .

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz