Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for feedback on eBay range hood

Posted by DIYspagirl (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 18:01

Hello,
I see numerous eBay listings for this range hood--apparently just a number of resellers getting the same product from China. The prices are all around $350. Does anyone have a more reputable source for an identical/similar looking design, or thoughts on buying this hood? I am looking for an under cabinet mount, and I specifically like the curved front corners and the substantial size of this one. But I don't mind spending somewhat more if there's a more trustworthy source available (although I'm definitely looking to keep the price down!). Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for feedback on eBay range hood

For some reason this looks like a Proline range hood to me, but I cannot find exactly same looking on on Proline website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline

o

I've been looking at range hoods recently, I think that's a Cavaliere. They're priced in the $600-$700 range on Overstock.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cavaliere Euro

o

If it sounds too good, it is.

o

Buyer beware with eBay.

o

Check out range hoods sold at Costco. Good prices, and the Costco return policy is excellent. Their hood models come and go; sometimes there have been major scores reported on this forum. Try to get one with baffle filters rather than mesh if you can. Costco usually offers 30" and 36" sizes in each hood, and some of the ones shown as a chimney style can be mounted under a cabinet without the chimney.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoods at Costco

o

Personally, I don't like hoods with touch panels, etc. for controls. In the unlikely event that Broan can't supply a replacement part for my hood, I can source whatever I need elsewhere, since is just basic switches and a potentiometer. Good luck doing that in 5 years from some unknown name. It probably will not fail, but if it does, you have a boat anchor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here