Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Down to the knobs and pulls....

Posted by erinf83 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 17:45

Ok...well, the kitchen has been ordered!

I want to thank everyone who helped me in my island debate. I ended up going with a same colour in the end and am really happy with that decision so far.

I went with a glazed cabinet as shown in the photo and am now having some issues with deciding on knobs and pulls.

My husband and I initially picked them out as we were ordering out cabinets and we weren't in the mindframe of doing so. Luckily, our cabinet installers called and let us know that they don't have stock of the knob we wanted....I say luckily because I dislike our whole choice in knobs in pulls altogether.

So now I'm browsing the brochure and came across a set I really like...now I'm stuck on sizing.

The Knob: http://www.richelieu.com/en/knobs-1048047-c?imgMode=t&idGr=1054325

The Pull: http://www.richelieu.com/en/classic-metal-handle-pull-775-BP775128143?fr=pgr

The pulls I am considering are the 4 9/16 and the 6 3/16 lengths, or a combination of each depending on if I replace knobs with pulls. Since my cabinets are glazed, I don't want it to look too busy, but with that being said, I still want it to make a statement and standout!

ah...decisions decisions....any help would be appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Down to the knobs and pulls....

Sorry let me fix those links

Here is a link that might be useful: KNOBS

o

and pulls....

Here is a link that might be useful: PULLS

o

And here's a general idea oh whats going in my kitchen and where the knobs and pulls will be going....I'm highly considering all pulls now unless someone talks me out of it!

o

Here's a view of the otherside...if I end up going with the bigger pulls, I think I'll have to put the smaller ones on the two island drawers on either side...I think it will be too narrow for the longer pull....

o

Since you want to make a statement but not get too busy, I say go with pulls and knobs - BUT - how about instead of the square knobs, use the rectangular ones to be a little different. You could still use the different size pulls depending on the drawer size, and even use the rectangular knob if you have really narrow drawers.

Just a thought!

o

I like the idea of all pulls. I just can't get into the look of knobs! Also I think using all pulls would give a more cohesive look.

o

Thanks for the inputs...I need to order today so they can be attached before install which happens in 1 weeks! I'm so excited and nervous! Demoing the kitchen this weekend!

o

I ended up with knobs on doors and pulls on drawers. The most pleasing size (thanks to here) is 1/3 of the size of the drawer. I ended up with 96mm pulls. I got pulls from menards of all places during one of their hardware sales for 50 cents each after rebate. If I had different sizes of drawers (unfortunately, I don't). I would consider different sizes for every drawer. I do like our knobs. They look like jewelry. And, our pulls are fine. But, the quality isn't the same. If you do get polished as we did, expect that you'll be polishing the pulls because of spills and handprints. They don't bother me much. But, if you are ocd... Keep that in mind. I did notice you're looking for more of a dark pull/knob. I tend to think that those square knob aren't a go in your kitchen. Very square. I think a round knob would look better for more variance.

http://www.knobsandhardware.com/products/view.aspx?sku=2376031&af=1527&cse=1527&gclid=CIq0h5r60rYCFXN0MgodDg0AsA

And, for knobs I picked up some from pullsdirect. baldwin...http://www.pullsdirect.com/baldwin-4491-1-1-4-inch-diameter-solid-brass-mushroom-knob-from-the-dominion-collection/p613804 just four dollars a piece.

My pulls were definitely the cheapest thing in my kitchen. And, they do look great. I did get circle knobs instead of the matching squares because we have the dreaded arched tops on our cabs. I wanted to echo the circular shape. Originally, I did want a more softer look for our pulls. But, I couldn't pass up the price and the fact that it matched the drawers shape-wise.

Just a thought. I do like the look of knobs and pulls, rather than just pulls. Unless you do the large pull at the bottom of the upper doors like, man, I can't remember the name's kitchen. I thought that was interesting and the only way I consider the pull only.

Good luck!

o

You know I won't try to talk you out of all pulls. ;). I love my all-pull kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here