Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those who have Blanco faucets... & KWC Sin

Posted by frugalnotstingy (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 17:43

I really like the looks of Blanco's Culina and Cubiq. Can you tell me how you are liking/loving them? Is the Culina too tall? & does the magnet work well?

I also like the looks of KWC Sin. Can the lever be installed in the front? I only saw left or right. Also, does the spray lock?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those who have Blanco faucets... & KWC Sin

KWC Sin - spray locks; I can't speak to whether lever can be installed in the front (ours is on the right; I don't think I would want it in the front).

As you can perhaps tell from this picture, the Sin is fine but my heart belongs to my Kohler Karbon. (Lever installed where you wish).

o

I put the Culina in my new showroom. It's not an active faucet, but I can tell you that it is a good quality heavy faucet with stellar finish quality. LOVE it! This isn't the best shot, but it can give you an idea of height.

o

Blanco Culina is great because it is so flexible and magnet works very wellI, I find it easy to put hose back in the holder. If you have a big sink it is easy to reach all corners. I was also worried about it being too tall, I have 8 ft. ceilings and it looks just right. I would say it is one of my favorite things in my newly remodeled kitchen.
Debbie

o

i chose the kwc sin over the culina because the sin was a few inches shorter (i did cabinets above my faucet).
it was a difficult choice because the culina is really pretty and high quality also.
the kwc sin cannot be installed with lever in front, according to the manual.

o

I echo azlady's thoughts above. The Blanco Culina is flexible enough for our 30" farmhouse sink. The magnet is strong and handy so you don't have to hunt for it as you would with a regular coily faucet with grip. It's tall yet not as tall as most coilies. See my project below to see how it fits in our space.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blanco Culina

o

Thanks for the feedbacks!

I am going to divert the topic here but I have to say...

@ Nixit71, I LOVE your backsplash! Do you mind sharing what the field tile is? I was planning on having a strip (like your green tile) run along the field as well.

Something like this... (the background tile sample the store had on hand was the big one but 'm going to get the 2x4 for my actual backsplash)

o

Thanks. The green tile is called Voguebay Great Wall, color Green Nile. Daltile carries it. It's not cheap and can be difficult to apply evenly as the rectangles come in varying sizes in a sheet. But our tile guy did it and it turned out great. The varying depths of the rectangles adds an element you normally don't get in a backslpash (but requires a tad more effort to clean). It's definitely different and I haven't seen it applied anywhere. In moderation, I think it's a great choice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Voguebay Great Wall

o

Nixit, I love the Blanco Culina as well but one of the salespeople told me that the hose falls off of the magnet quite easily and if you move the faucet from side to side it will fall off. I tried moving it and it fell off, although, maybe in real life we wouldn't move the faucet so quickly.... what has been your experience? do you still love it? I'm going between Culina and KWC Sin with the grey hose type faucet... thoughts?
thanks.

o

There is a Blano culina mini 441622 - chrome and 441623 - ss

the height of the from counter to arch is 17 3/4th
the spout reach for the mini is 8 1/8
the drop is 7 1/2"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here