Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frugalnotstingy

For those who have Blanco faucets... & KWC Sin

frugalnotstingy
10 years ago

I really like the looks of Blanco's Culina and Cubiq. Can you tell me how you are liking/loving them? Is the Culina too tall? & does the magnet work well?

I also like the looks of KWC Sin. Can the lever be installed in the front? I only saw left or right. Also, does the spray lock?

Thanks!

Comments (13)

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

KWC Sin - spray locks; I can't speak to whether lever can be installed in the front (ours is on the right; I don't think I would want it in the front).

As you can perhaps tell from this picture, the Sin is fine but my heart belongs to my Kohler Karbon. (Lever installed where you wish).

• live_wire_oak
    10 years ago

I put the Culina in my new showroom. It's not an active faucet, but I can tell you that it is a good quality heavy faucet with stellar finish quality. LOVE it! This isn't the best shot, but it can give you an idea of height.

• arizonalady1
    10 years ago

Blanco Culina is great because it is so flexible and magnet works very wellI, I find it easy to put hose back in the holder. If you have a big sink it is easy to reach all corners. I was also worried about it being too tall, I have 8 ft. ceilings and it looks just right. I would say it is one of my favorite things in my newly remodeled kitchen.
    Debbie

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

i chose the kwc sin over the culina because the sin was a few inches shorter (i did cabinets above my faucet).
    it was a difficult choice because the culina is really pretty and high quality also.
    the kwc sin cannot be installed with lever in front, according to the manual.

• nixit71
    10 years ago

I echo azlady's thoughts above. The Blanco Culina is flexible enough for our 30" farmhouse sink. The magnet is strong and handy so you don't have to hunt for it as you would with a regular coily faucet with grip. It's tall yet not as tall as most coilies. See my project below to see how it fits in our space.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blanco Culina

• frugalnotstingy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the feedbacks!

I am going to divert the topic here but I have to say...

@ Nixit71, I LOVE your backsplash! Do you mind sharing what the field tile is? I was planning on having a strip (like your green tile) run along the field as well.

Something like this... (the background tile sample the store had on hand was the big one but 'm going to get the 2x4 for my actual backsplash)

• nixit71
    10 years ago

Thanks. The green tile is called Voguebay Great Wall, color Green Nile. Daltile carries it. It's not cheap and can be difficult to apply evenly as the rectangles come in varying sizes in a sheet. But our tile guy did it and it turned out great. The varying depths of the rectangles adds an element you normally don't get in a backslpash (but requires a tad more effort to clean). It's definitely different and I haven't seen it applied anywhere. In moderation, I think it's a great choice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Voguebay Great Wall

• dcmarvel
    10 years ago

Nixit, I love the Blanco Culina as well but one of the salespeople told me that the hose falls off of the magnet quite easily and if you move the faucet from side to side it will fall off. I tried moving it and it fell off, although, maybe in real life we wouldn't move the faucet so quickly.... what has been your experience? do you still love it? I'm going between Culina and KWC Sin with the grey hose type faucet... thoughts?
    thanks.

• homeimprovementmom
    10 years ago

There is a Blano culina mini 441622 - chrome and 441623 - ss

the height of the from counter to arch is 17 3/4th
    the spout reach for the mini is 8 1/8
    the drop is 7 1/2"

• motok1w
    8 years ago

Eskitek- great review! I am considering the mini for my main sink. Reach is one of my concerns with a 10" deep sink x 28" wide. Could you tell me how wide your sink is? Thank you!

• User
    8 years ago

Our CulinaMini can easily reach our whole Blanco Magnum undermount 30" nominal, 28" interior, but the sink is 8" deep -- 9" below countertop -- so I can't speak to 10" deep sink. We've had it for only a few weeks and love it. Faucet looks great, magnet is very strong, and it's such a pleasure not to have hoses clonking around in sink cabinet, not having to shove faucet back into place after pulling it out to use, and also the ease of switching back and forth between stream and spray (some faucets, like the KWCs we bought for vacation home a few years ago, require turning off the water to change modes -- PITA). If you do get the CulinaMini I'd strongly recommend the 2.2 model, not the water-saving 1.8; you don't have to use it full force when you don't need to.

Both our contractor and a friend about to start a kitchen renovation were so taken with our CulinaMini that they're getting it themselves.

Best to buy it from an authorized Blanco etailer so Blanco will honor warranty. Best price by far was www.faucetdepot.com -- be sure to click blue tab to get their "better pricing." :-)

http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Blanco-441622-Culina-Mini-Pull-Down-Faucet---Chrome-159711.asp

• eskitek
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

motok1w, apologies for not replying to your question sooner. Our sink is 30 inches wide and 10 inches deep in the deepest (left) basin. The faucet is offset to the right side, and the distance from the faucet base to the furthest corner of the sink is about 24 inches (see photo below). When we undock the head and point it towards the far left corner, the spray does hit the corner (we have the 2.2 model). QualityBath.com had the cheapest price at the time, and excellent customer service (https://www.qualitybath.com/blanco-441622-blancoculina-mini-semi-professional-kitchen-faucet-product-191085.htm?sku=441623). We are still in love with the Culina Mini after several more months of use!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!