Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robynstamps_gw

Just reserved my quartzite slabs!

robynstamps
9 years ago

We currently live in Oklahoma and we are building a home in Utah. I am in Utah this weekend and put some awesome quartzite on reserve! It called out to me and I love it. Here is a pic!

Comments (18)

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

Beautiful Robyn!

Looks lovely with your paint colors. Great choice :)

• chiefy
    9 years ago

Very pretty! Looks great with the rest of the components.

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you! Here's a close up of the slab. It's called Branco Parana Quartzite! Lots of gray and white.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Very pretty, and perfect with your cab colors!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Wow-beautiful piece of stone.

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

It looks gorgeous!! I love your colours. What is the grey cab colour with blue undertones? Also, what is the small rectangle on the right? What white did you choose for the kitchen? Can't wait to see your kitchen reveal.

Carol

• xc60
    9 years ago

It's beautiful Robyn, you must be so excited to see your build site in person again and pick out your choices! yay!!!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Carol - We are using BM White Dove and BM Steel Wool for our cabinets. The gray rectangle is our backsplash which is gray crackle tile.

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

Thanks robynstamps -- it all looks fantastic. Are you carrying the White Dove into the trim for the whole house? We are using SW Alabaster White which is very close match to White Dove. I am struggling with what to do about trim colour. In particular, I am finding my bathroom would look better with a crisper white than White Dove/Alabaster white. What are you planning for trim, vanities, painted doors, etc?

Carol

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Very pretty slab! And it works just perfect!

• scrapbookheaven
    9 years ago

Robyn, wow this is a complete turn around from your kitchen in Oklahoma! I love the slabs that you have picked out.

• scrapbookheaven
    9 years ago

Robyn, wow this is a complete turn around from your kitchen in Oklahoma! I love the slabs that you have picked out.

• ikeltz
    9 years ago

Beautiful! How exciting to have such a huge and crucial decision behind you. It is a gorgeous stone. We are trying to find our perfect slab of marble now. Can't wait to have this phase done.

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

That I love love love....no wonder it called out to you. It's perfectly gorgeous!!!

• kym6
    9 years ago

That slab looks absolutely perfect. I was just looking at this quartzite where I live in my search for the perfect marble looking granite or quartzite. The slabs I saw have pink or red looking color in the veining and some odd blotches on the stone. It doesn't look like the stone you found has that. I got a sample and have been trying some testing on it as well. The mustard and raspberry sauce wiped off with no signs after an hour but the lime juice and white vinegar left a big spot where they had been. Have you noticed that with yours?
    I also have had a bad experience with stone being labeled as a quartzite and then turning out to be a soft dolomite. I'm very leary of the label on any stone now.

I have 6 children and am very worried about stains and marks all over my kitchen island.
    Looks like you found the perfect looking slab. Good for you!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

kym6 - They did a test for etching with this slab and nothing happened with acidic juice. The stone is from Italy. It is pretty tough. Good luck!

• Gooster
    9 years ago

That's great -- I was like kym6, I found a bunch of slabs that were labeled as quartzite or claimed to be quartzite, but were not. These were dolomitic marbles that had been sealed and would resist etching for a few minutes, but not for an hour. They also failed the scratch test.

Robyn: the stone is beautiful!

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

It's stunning! Beautiful choice.

Sponsored
Landmark Surfaces / United Granite
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Award Winning Countertop Fabricator & Installer in Northern Virginia