Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just reserved my quartzite slabs!

Posted by robynstamps (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 17:30

We currently live in Oklahoma and we are building a home in Utah. I am in Utah this weekend and put some awesome quartzite on reserve! It called out to me and I love it. Here is a pic!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just reserved my quartzite slabs!

Beautiful Robyn!

Looks lovely with your paint colors. Great choice :)

o

Very pretty! Looks great with the rest of the components.

o

Thank you! Here's a close up of the slab. It's called Branco Parana Quartzite! Lots of gray and white.

o

Very pretty, and perfect with your cab colors!

o

Wow-beautiful piece of stone.

o

It looks gorgeous!! I love your colours. What is the grey cab colour with blue undertones? Also, what is the small rectangle on the right? What white did you choose for the kitchen? Can't wait to see your kitchen reveal.

Carol

o

It's beautiful Robyn, you must be so excited to see your build site in person again and pick out your choices! yay!!!

o

Carol - We are using BM White Dove and BM Steel Wool for our cabinets. The gray rectangle is our backsplash which is gray crackle tile.

o

Thanks robynstamps -- it all looks fantastic. Are you carrying the White Dove into the trim for the whole house? We are using SW Alabaster White which is very close match to White Dove. I am struggling with what to do about trim colour. In particular, I am finding my bathroom would look better with a crisper white than White Dove/Alabaster white. What are you planning for trim, vanities, painted doors, etc?

Carol

o

Very pretty slab! And it works just perfect!

o

Robyn, wow this is a complete turn around from your kitchen in Oklahoma! I love the slabs that you have picked out.

o

Robyn, wow this is a complete turn around from your kitchen in Oklahoma! I love the slabs that you have picked out.

o

Beautiful! How exciting to have such a huge and crucial decision behind you. It is a gorgeous stone. We are trying to find our perfect slab of marble now. Can't wait to have this phase done.

o

That I love love love....no wonder it called out to you. It's perfectly gorgeous!!!

o

That slab looks absolutely perfect. I was just looking at this quartzite where I live in my search for the perfect marble looking granite or quartzite. The slabs I saw have pink or red looking color in the veining and some odd blotches on the stone. It doesn't look like the stone you found has that. I got a sample and have been trying some testing on it as well. The mustard and raspberry sauce wiped off with no signs after an hour but the lime juice and white vinegar left a big spot where they had been. Have you noticed that with yours?
I also have had a bad experience with stone being labeled as a quartzite and then turning out to be a soft dolomite. I'm very leary of the label on any stone now.

I have 6 children and am very worried about stains and marks all over my kitchen island.
Looks like you found the perfect looking slab. Good for you!

o

kym6 - They did a test for etching with this slab and nothing happened with acidic juice. The stone is from Italy. It is pretty tough. Good luck!

o

That's great -- I was like kym6, I found a bunch of slabs that were labeled as quartzite or claimed to be quartzite, but were not. These were dolomitic marbles that had been sealed and would resist etching for a few minutes, but not for an hour. They also failed the scratch test.

Robyn: the stone is beautiful!

o

It's stunning! Beautiful choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here