Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kateb22_gw

"Bisque" colored appliances

KateB22
9 years ago

Hello
I am appliance shopping for a new house. have always had white appliances and I am tired of the white ones. I don't like black appliances., I don't really love stainless steel though that is what I had thought I would go for. I am seeing what other colors there are and I saw bisque- which is beige and looks like this:
http://www.homedepot.com/s/bisque%2520refrigerator?NCNI-5
The cabinets will be white and countertops carerra marble so it will be a classic white kitchen. Would beige or another color look good or not? I am so unsure about stainless steel.

Also, is it only the finish on stainless steel that is different from the white / black/ various ones or is it the whole material as well?

I am thiking I might panel the appliances at some point down the road, but no sure. But I may never get to that so want to plan as if I won't.
Does anyone have other than stainless/white or black applainces and like the? I am looking for classic and elegant.

Comments (15)

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

There is another thread a little further down on this same subject.

I don't mind my bisque appliances, but as we replace them they will become ss.

If you are doing white and marble in your kitchen bisque will be way out of line. SS would look amazing, but white would be fine, too. But not bisque.

• Iowacommute
    9 years ago

I know this is the other way around, but when I read your post this is what I thought of. Just not a fan.

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Excelsior General Contractors Erotas Building Corporation

I know you said you're tired of white appliances, but I love this kitchen, and I am not a white kitchen person:

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Phoenix Architects & Designers Candelaria Design Associates

This one is pretty with SS and marble countertops:

[Traditional Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107)

• pricklypearcactus
    9 years ago

I am sorry to say that I do not think beige appliances would go well with an all white kitchen. To me it would look like the appliances are slightly dirty and out of place. I love the look of stainless in white kitchens, but that's just my personal preference. I think you'd be much better off going with white than bisque. As IowaCommute shows in the second image, you can find more interesting/unique white appliances that might not look like the same old white appliances you've had for years. I also think a more interesting non-neutral color like blue, green, red, or yellow would work as well. Check out Big Chill appliances.

• eve72
    9 years ago

As we've reached the end of the line on the SS trend, I think it's a safe bet you'll be seeing a lot more Bisque in the future.

• chisue
    9 years ago

I agree that we've had quite enough SS. I'm going with bisque that matches my beige Corian countertop w/integral sink. (Love that no-corners double sink.)

I can't see bisque appliances with white cabinets though. White, black or SS.

• vedazu
    9 years ago

Depends on the white: if it is really white, then no bisque. White to the slightly cream cabinets are fine if the countertops are something like crema marfil. But white cabs with carrara needs white or SS.

• heidia
    9 years ago

If you have white cabs, marble counters, and bisque appliances, I think it would work if you either
    1. use a tile backsplash that is same shade as the bisque or
    2. use a paint in a bisque color family.

I actually think it may look neat.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Well, if the cabinets were the same color as the appliances, then, yes, but not with white.
    Bisque kitchen with bisque appliances, link below.

Maybe gray appliances?

[Contemporary Kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/contemporary-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2103) by Lansdale Appliances Kieffer's Appliances
    or some other colored appliances.

If the budget allowed, I'd go with paneled appliances and a range in SS or color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Viking kitchen in bisque

• live_wire_oak
    9 years ago

People have been predicting the decline of stainless in the market for years now. Not happening. It's still 90% of the consumer grade market share. For the apartment grade appliances, black has become the new white. For upper end, paneled rules.

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Oh my bunny, why can't I have a dozen kitchens to design? There are so many incredible, unique kitchens. Gah!

More to the topic at hand: I am just finishing up final coats of paint on my base cabs, it is an "off-white" but technically a grey at half-formula. It is a very creamy and warm "grey" and it actually looks amazing with my current bisque stove.

• bookworm4321
    9 years ago

My friends have bisque applianes, and their cabinets are same color. Their countertop has a darker color, which adds some contrast. It is one of my favorite kitchens.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

"SS .. It's still 90% of the consumer grade market share. For the apartment grade appliances, black has become the new white."

People I know with black, however, find it a pain because it is always smudgy and shows every bit of dust and water spots. Plenty are unhappy with stainless too. Maybe they will come out with more options. Dress up the white and bisque a bit. Or other colors. That turn up in the media. People will choose what they are exposed to in mags and told will sell their house, ie, what they should get. While they might get sold based on looks, after living with them people might change their mind next time around.

I have bisque. I wish parts of the units were a little more stylish, why not, but it always looks fresh, clean and soothing and the color is pretty in my kitchen, which is on the casual side so it looks fine for what it is.

This post was edited by snookums2 on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 21:54

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

I saw bisque appliances in the stores and liked them. Next to the white it looked softer and warmer. But with white cabinets, depending on the particular shade of white, it can look very wrong (just like the cool white of appliances can look so wrong with off-white cabinets and warm counters).

It really will depend on the exact choice of cabinet and counter color.

Appliances can be painted I believe; I remember my sister had her wall oven refinished from harvest gold. If you don't find another color that you like or can afford, you might look into buying white and having them painted.

• gabbythecat
    9 years ago

I wanted to do bisque in the kitchen of our log home - would have worked well with all of the natural wood tones here. But there weren't enough options - couldn't find a large enough fridge, etc in that color. We also had to keep within budget....So we have SS, which doesn't work that well with the rustic thing we have here. Oh well. It would've been nice, but I'm not loosing sleep over it...