Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ootm_mom

KAW First Meal on New Range

OOTM_Mom
10 years ago

Ok, so still waiting on some things before final reveal, but inaugral meal has started. It was going to be horseradish crusted tenderloin from ATK recipe, scalloped potatoes, and roasted asparagus. Salad and shrimp cocktail apps. I may have started the wine a little too soon...losing ambition about the horseradish crust, lol! Blurry spot is one of my kids trying to photobomb!

Comments (27)

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Installed last night, and the reason for the special meal!

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Oh my! Some excellent meals are about to happen there. Love the glimpse of the kitchen...your counter looks so beautiful. Love the warmth of the cabinets and floor. And that range? Seriously. To. Die. For!

Enjoy the wine - living through a kitchen renovation and getting to the last stretch is cause for much wine. Even if the tenderloin winds up without the horseradish crust, I'm sure it will be an amazing meal. Congratulations!

• cani
    10 years ago

Where's the party at? Be right there. That sounds delicious! Your range is awesome.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

What a gorgeous backsplash, countertop and especially range (oh my). Congratulations and Bon Appetit!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Fabulous! Gorgeous kitchen, delicious food, spirited child - you are blessed.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Searing tenderloin, and mustard creme sauce in back.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Scalloped potatoes, grilled asparagus, and plates in warming oven.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mustard creme sauce and horseradish sauce.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finished plate!

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dessert!!

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all. It has been a long journey, they tore up my floors Oct 3. Still a bit to go, but not sweating it so much anymore. I will try to figure outhow to post more than one pict at a time for my final reveal, I promise. I dont use photobucket or anything, so that will be new.

Dinner was delicious!! Even without the horseradish crust!

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

That looks scrumptious!!!!! The sneak peak looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the full reveal.

• Texas_Gem
    10 years ago

What kind of range is that? It looks amazing! As does the meal you prepared on it.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Texas, it is a Lacanche, Volnay model. French top, gas oven, and electric warming oven. I'm a bit over the top for it ...as I was getting dressed this morning, I actually considered, will these clothes match my range!

I forgot to take pictures of the salad and shrimp cocktail...they were good too, one of my kids actually ate three bowls of salad!

• nmjen
    10 years ago

Great meal, and beautiful kitchen! How exciting!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Everything looks wonderful; kitchen and food! :)

• deedles
    10 years ago

Yum! That looks wonderful and your kitchen/stove looks great, too. Isn't it fun to cook in a space that works?

• Kitch4me
    10 years ago

If I had a stove like that , I might look forward to cooking!
    Fab!

• dgormish
    10 years ago

Looks great - both the kitchen and the food! Many more happy meals to come!

• mjocean
    10 years ago

That is one beautiful appliance! It must be so much fun to cook with that powerful beast! Also love your backsplash and counters. What is the name of your counters?
    The dinner looks fabulous, I'm sure your family is happy, too!
    MJ

• magsnj
    10 years ago

The meal looks delicious, but I'm having trouble focusing on it after seeing that range..... It looks fantastic in that kitchen, and I know I've seen the range before, but never drooled over it this way. You really accentuated it well with your choices.

• ikeltz
    10 years ago

That range belongs in the Louvre! What a work of art! It is beautiful, and the food is making my mouth water as I type this. Gorgeous kitchen, great food, what more could you ask for?

• ChristyMcK
    10 years ago

OMG, this is absolutely fantastic! I just ordered our french blue Lacanche Volnay this week and am so excited. Your range and kitchen are just gorgeous. I love the white - it was among our top color choices. It makes me even more excited to see your awesome meal and the warming drawer. Do keep us posted with your cooking adventures!

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all, I have done all the selections myself, no designer, so it has been nerve wracking wondering if it would all work together. My Volnay is actually Faience, not white, must be your monitor. Faience is a light gray, sometimes it looks light blue, depending on the light. I was tempted by the ivory, but was also worried about it clashing with the apron sink, Kohler cane sugar. I decided to rty and hit the gray blues in my counters.

Mjocean, my counters are Fantasy Brown, mostly marble with some quartzite from what my fabricator told me. They are white, gray, green, and blue, and some brown.

Ikeltz, I couldnt agree more aboutnit belonging in a museum, alas my kitchen wont be a museum for long...I actually cook in it and have kids.

And ChristyMcK, Congratulations! It is worth the wait! And I think someone recommended you get an extra of the small burners in another thread...I can see why they said that. This thing gets HOT. Although I got some pointers on how to work with that, by using the diffuser and the wok ring.

I also got a bit of a lesson on how to use the French Top this morning, looking forward to mastering it! I think that will be the key when I need super low heat.

I am dfinitely ready to try some new recipes!

• ikeltz
    10 years ago

Is your sink a Kohler Whitehaven? That is what we are getting for our kitchen remodel. Just wondering how you like it? I've seen the cane sugar color sample, and it is gorgeous.

• OOTM_Mom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is, and I love it! I'll never go back to a double bowl. I do wonder if I should have gone with sea salt, but I was afraid that was too white, and now I wonder if the cane sugar has too much cream. I think my backsplash managed to tie in the sink color...and its too late to change now!

• ChristyMcK
    10 years ago

OOTM: Yeah, my monitor is a little off. I remember too that the swatches shown online look different from the samples we received in the mail - in person they look richer. The Faience color is also gorgeous - I'm sure it looks fantatistic in real life, especially with those countertops! We are not doing a full remodel and wanted a color that would work now with our 1950s cream kitchen and with something in the future in the event we do change things. I think the french blue will be lovely for us. Lacanche does a great job with their colors - if we'd be doing a full remodel it would have been much harder to chose! We are also going to have a 24" steam combi oven - I think it'll be a great in combination with the Volnay.

We are also changing out our 5.5" deep double sink - we are going for a deep (9 or 10") single sink (stainless) and I can't wait. The 5.5" is such a pain because water hops out onto the floor and then gets tracked everywhere. I'm excited about the large single sink so glad to hear you like yours!

Can't wait to see the whole reveal and hear more about your experience getting to know your Volnay.