Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2LittleFishies - exterior picture of window?

Posted by seosmp (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 17:20

Hi 2LittleFishies - if you're around - I was hoping to get a picture of the exterior view of your bumped out window, if possible!!

I'm using your window as an example of what I'm going for, and wanted to see if the exterior aligns with my thoughts as well.

Could I also ask what the width of your window box is, on the interior - so from trim to trim (I know the depth is 10" from a previous post).

Also, I noticed the window is really close to the counter - do you have any issues using the crank? I've seen "cranks" that are just a ring, and I'm wondering if I'll need to go that route (my window will be an awning window with a crank).

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2LittleFishies - exterior picture of window?

Hi! I haven't taken many photos of the exterior yet but here is one mid-project.

The width of the window on the interior is about 6' 5"

No issues with the crank. Mine folds to open and close and there are no problems : )

o

Here's another

o

Thanks - that helps a lot!

I may be pushing my luck here - but any chance you have a picture from the inside, before the trim was put in? (so with the rough window installed)? I would like to give the contractor an example. Thanks!

o

Here's one : )

o

And one more...

o

Thanks! The window contractor was saying he needed around 2.5 inches next to the window where he would have to put trim, but I noticed you do not have any trim directly next to the window (other than the perpendicular piece of trim that lines the box). So I'm hoping to go that route.

Maybe I should just ask you for your photobucket site :).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here