Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Show me your white cabinets & post the color please!

hobokenkitchen
12 years ago

I was just reading the recent thread on which shade of white everyone used for their white cabinets, and I was thinking how much easier it would be if there were pics of them.

I also know how invaluable I found the thread on aisle widths and island sizes with all the pics.

So...... if you have white cabinets and you know which color white you used, please post a pic or two of your cabs along with the color for those of us struggling with the 'which shade of white' color choice.

We popped in to talk to our cabinet maker thismorning and were looking at some samples - it's odd how difficult a decision picking a white can be! : )

Thanks so much!

Comments (9)

• dragonfly08
    12 years ago

After my quartzite slabs arrived, I went to the yard with the BM color deck and went thru the whites... This is how I settled on BM Chantilly Lace. BS was chosen after cabs and countertops were installed.

• 2LittleFishies
    12 years ago

Not that I'm against this but I have found pics of colors to be almost useless and cause even more confusion. Colors vary on different monitors and even the same color can look so different in one room than another with different artificial and natural lighting. I plan to use Hawthorne Yellow in my kitchen and in every photo I see it looks different --and than in my own kitchen... different once again.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I see your point, but I still think that seeing it on cabinets would be more helpful than seeing it on a small cabinet sample and if we saw something we loved the look of, I could get a swatch, check it out in the house and then ask the cabinet maker to make up a sample to take home and see how it looks in the space.

At least it's somewhere to start! : )

• owataqt
    12 years ago

I think your post rocks..it would be awesome if people would state why they choose it..why they didn't end up choosing the other color they may have been torn with and if now their happy with that shade of white or regrets.

It does help us...with what shade of white do I do??? Iam so one of them
    Hugs

• Bunny
    12 years ago

I chose BM Cloud White and am very happy with it. It's one of the creamy/warm whites. I ruled out White Dove as too gray and Mascarpone as too yellow. I didn't want anything that leaned pink or peach. My finalists were Cloud White and Simply White. I liked them both, for different reasons. SW is a little whiter than CW and I was afraid of all the whiteness, so went with CW. It changes depending on the light, but always reads white. It's a rich white, one I think would taste good if it were edible. Good luck. There are so many lovely whites to choose from. And please excuse the mess in my kitchen. :)

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

Proof pics are hard to judge.....we used BM's linen white as seen in both these pics

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Old kitchen was cloud white, Ben Moore. Had it narrowed down to this one and one other. Decided to go with this color since oil based whites will yellow and get creamier. So I went a bit brighter, and it mellowed into the perfect white. I had Bianco Antico counters. **sigh**

This kitchen, a lot less fussing. I picked the gray that matched the veining in the Super White sample I had. Then I went to the top of the strip and picked out the lightest color on that strip. No idea what it actually matches the white in the stone.

• owataqt
    11 years ago

Missy V thanks for the photos..all of u..infact which one when looking with your eye on your two different photos is more true linen white?
    Iam torn between..marscapone, linen white, cloud white, mayonnaise, and ivory white. So since my counter top is a dark black with peachy-reddish tones to me. I don't want to white..something warm. I keep going back and forth.

Soon I will be just posting and saying lets take a vote and I will do whatever won..LOL

• owataqt
    11 years ago

Yep..Ms..B- I may just duplicate your kitchen colors and black splash..hehehe

Then u can come for coffee and think your still in your old kitchen.

Hugs