Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_ryan4352043

Leathered Jet Mist installed today

Kitchen_ Reno
10 years ago

here are a couple pictures. Admittedly I'm a little self-conscious because my kitchen is small and has several 'GW no no's' that we just couldn't work around. I'm hoping it's a million times more functional for our family, even if it's not quite as functional as the ideal :-) I'm working with a 13 x 10 space that has FIVE doorways and one window (pass through).

Comments (32)

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Looks great! No worries here - the GW Kitchen Police aren't going to lock you up for doing things that are deemed "less GW kitchen"...everyone here just wants people to get the best kitchen that they can within their space and budget. Sometimes compromises have to be made...we all know that. We just want to see the eye candy and hear that you're happy with how it turned out. Sometimes, even if a kitchen isn't "ideally" laid out, it's still a million times better than the prior kitchen's layout and functionality.

I see a sample tile and a paint chip...looks like you're moving ahead nicely. Congratulations! Can't wait to see the rest.

• chicagoans
    10 years ago

The counter is beautiful! Your cabinets are really pretty too.

• fishymom
    10 years ago

Very pretty stone! Don't worry, there are lots of us with "GW no no's". Your kitchen is coming along very nicely, can't wait to see the final reveal. Oh and that range looks familiar, you'll have to let me know what you think of it, I'm still working out the kinks, lol!

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

It looks fabulous!

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Stunning! I hope you have "before" photos for your reveal!

• francoise47
    10 years ago

Your stone is gorgeous! (Ditto your cabinets.)

• Kitch4me
    10 years ago

Oooh nice!

I know how you feel.
    My kitchen is 11x9. It's not getting any larger but, hopefully more Functional!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Super pretty....love the leathered look and I'll bet it feels luscious! I love your white inset cabinets :)

• illinigirl
    10 years ago

all I can say is YUMMY! I LOVE THAT COUNTER!

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

• greenhaven
    10 years ago

I think it is gorgeous, and your space looks wonderful! Hey we've got what we've got and cannot do but work with it.

My reno is not Houzz-worthy but that is not what I was aiming for. :o)

• tuxedord2
    10 years ago

I really like this. May have missed previous posts but did you stain, scratch et cetera test? Assuming leathered jet mist holds up really well? Any fingerprint, watermark issues?

• ikeltz
    10 years ago

I love your counters! It all looks beautiful to me. Can't wait to see your final reveal.

• aries61
    10 years ago

Very nice. The counter look really nice with your cabinets. Curious, what color are the cabinets and mfg of them?

• BirchPoint
    10 years ago

Love that countertop! Your pictures reaffirm my plans to go with Jet Mist. Looks like you are doing a carrara backsplash as well and I think that looks great.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Beautiful countertops, they look like soapstone. I like how you used the stone on the ledge above your sink. Love your white inset cabinets & light fixtures.

• Kitchen_ Reno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lesmobos - no, no testing before installation. I have a family member who has this and loves it. I just risked it, which is comical considering the previous 2 months had been spent gathering gray/white quartzite samples for testing.

Aries61 - cabinets are Dynasty/Omega in pearl finish

• nmjen
    10 years ago

It's beautiful! Does it feel wonderful, too? I love your cabinets, too--it all looks like it's coming along well!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

I'll bet that stone feels as nice as it looks!

• sedona_heaven
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• rubyclaire
    10 years ago

Very pretty!!

• Kitchen_ Reno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all! I really think this was the right choice for us. I had my heart set on Super White and had a gorgeous slab on hold, but I just knew it wasn't the right choice (for us) given the etching. This feels more casual and appropriate for our home.

I am planning to do carerra marble subway tiles so I can still get that gray/white look in the room. Hopefully it all pulls together!

• Ann Marie Spinner
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen-cabs and counter! I am swaying towards a subway marble-like backsplash also. Are you using real marble or porcelain or a tile look alike? I am trying to cut down on some expense and the marble is pretty expensive but I do love the look...

• Kitchen_ Reno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

cookingbuff - I'm looking at real marble right now. It's actually all the tile shop near me has, and b/c we have a small space, it doesn't break the bank. Now I'm just struggling with what paint color to use!

• lisadlu
    10 years ago

Is Jet Mist a granite or quartz? It looks great!

• Kitchen_ Reno
    Original Author
    10 years ago

it's a granite!

• mjocean
    10 years ago

Your kitchen looks fabulous. Love your cabinets and counters together. Jet Mist honed was on our short list.
    MJ

• kbb100
    10 years ago

Oh wow, it looks so great! Love the jet mist with the white cabinets. Congrats on getting that done. I look forward to seeing what you do with the backsplash. I am definitely leaning towards following in your footsteps.

• bbtrix
    10 years ago

Stunning! Can't wait to see more.

• heidia
    10 years ago

This gorgeous and I love your cabs and fixtures too!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

It looks great, and the kitchen does too! It too was on my shortlist, but was a bit darker than we wanted..

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

I love it! Turned out great!