Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyrgirl35

Marsh Cabinets?

nyrgirl35
10 years ago

Has anyone heard of this company? Can't find any reviews on them.

Comments (8)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

Well, they've been around forever, if that helps any. I know nothing about their current line but they were one of the big producers of Hoosier cabinets in the early 20th century, one of the two companies that made them then that are still in business.

• nyrgirl35
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks!! I was going to upgrade to the all plywood and mine would be stained not painted. Nosoccermom how have they held up? Did you ever have to deal with their customer service? I don't think the ones I picked were builder grade do they have different lines?

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

I remember that we paid quite a bit more for our white frameless cabinets. The standard were the 90s honey oak cabinets with outside hinges. The ones I have look like the current Fairmont (Thermofoil) but are definitely painted.

The boxes are still in reasonably good shape. However, the doors and drawers have swelled on the edges where water got underneath the particle board. I also have them in two bathrooms. That's probably to be expected. However, that mainly happened in spots where the installer banged them up during installation. I realized too late that we should have asked for replacement fronts rather than accept their paint touch-ups.
    Never dealt with their customer service.

I remember that at least two years ago, they had a second line, something with Wood..., which looked like better quality, but now I don't see that anymore on their web site. I was looking into getting some replacement doors.

• davidindc
    10 years ago

Marsh has really great prices for their partial overlay styles and good price on the full overlay shaker... A lot of their other door styles in full overlay are much more expensive.

I went to training at the Showplace factory and saw a marsh display in one of the 2 showrooms they have close to the factory.

I looked up Marsh and had a meeting with the local sales rep. If I set my price to make 30% of the revenue I am generally about the same price as most cabinets on the shelf at Lowes or Home Depot in the partial overlay door styles Marsh offers. They have a pretty good color selection also.

They are builder grade like in price. For example, the drawer fronts of a vertical stack to not tend to ship perfectly aligned.... The doors are not consistent in size either. It is more obvious on full overlay door styles now and then... After you adjust all the doors on the top to be even with crown or the like you will find the bottom of the doors to not be in a perfect straight line by a 1/16 or so. Not the end of the world but you get what pay for..... 2 orders I have processed some of the drawers have been slabs and some of them have been 5 piece drawer fronts looking like doors. We have ordered replacements and had to go fix them. Annoying to say the least.

They build things quick, they ship daily from their building 2 weeks after the order is placed. I have had some issues with not everything shipping together. I just this week had things missing from 7 orders processed a few days apart and all shipped together. The shipping paperwork listed 1 pallet. They actually used 2 which made it confusing on the dock and only one got sent...

To be fair American Woodmark sent an order I am to receive tomorrow 2 cabinets short that did not turn out good at final inspection. These things happen to all the companies now and then....

Marsh has the all plywood up grade and a decent dove tail drawer and soft close guide upgrade. They build a better drawer box and user better guides then American Woodmark does.... I have the Waypoint Living Spaces brand to be technical....

Marsh was building frameless cabinets in the past. They have gotten out of that for what ever reason....

If you are looking at the shaker door style you should get a pretty good deal. If you are looking at the raised panel door styles you will get a lessor good deal to generalize.

It is a cabinet brand for those wanting to spend as little as possible. If you go with particle board boxes no soft close anything and go partial overlay I have not found a company with a lower price. I have known the prices for probably 25 in the last 5 years....

If the house is your dream home and you plan to stay as long as possible I would suggest you would be under purchasing and suggest something else....

Here is a link that might be useful: Marsh Factory Website

• nyrgirl35
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Davidindc thanks for the info. I got a price on the raised panel Arlington door in maple all plywood, dovetail drawer and soft close. I actually received the same quote for Waypoint from a different dealer. Can't say that I'm in my dream house but also do not plan on moving anytime soon. I am just looking for a solid cabinet that will last. I am trying to keep cabinet price reasonable without sacrificing quality. Thoughts? Is there another brand in their price range that is better quality?

• deegw
    10 years ago

I have them. Previous owners installed them when the house was built in 97. White, full overlay, raised panel. They function fine and look okay but if you inspect them closely the laminate is pulling away from the edges and they are discolored.

Saving my pennies for new cabinets.

This post was edited by deee on Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 7:12

• Sebby
    8 years ago

nyrgirl35 did you wind up going with Marsh? If so, how was the experience?