Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
estercita_gw

before-after pictures of kitchen

estercita
11 years ago

Hi, all. I've only posted on here a few times, but I wanted to share pictures of our finished kitchen. I got a lot of ideas from this forum. So thank you!

We worked with a kitchen designer because (a) I'm very indecisive and overwhelmed by too many options and (b) we didn't have strong ideas about what we wanted, other than opening up the DR/kitchen space, having an island, and using the underutilized space at the far end of the kitchen.

The design our kitchen designer pulled together was inspired by the Mediterranean/Latin American colors & style our TS Post dinnerware (see photos). We love our new kitchen, esp. all the pantry space and the flow b/tw the kitchen and DR. It's so much easier to entertain now. Before guests didn't have anything to lean up on in the kitchen while we were cooking.

Here are the details:

Cabinets: cherry; custom by GlickâÂÂs (nearby Amish business)
Cabinet pulls: âÂÂCanterburyâ in rust, by Top Knobs
Floor tile: didnâÂÂt change
Backsplash: âÂÂSan Martinoâ series by American Olean (mixed 2x2 mosaic and 2x2 patterned tiles)
Countertops: Zodiaq quartz in Toasted Almond
Sink: Elkay Gourmet Elumina Stainless Steel 33" x 22" Double Basin Top Mount
Faucet: Moen Aberdeen classic stainless pulldown
Refrigerator: Kenmore Elite
Range: LG
Microwave: Kenmore
Dishwasher: didnâÂÂt change (hardly use it!)

Paint: faux paint color wash; base coat for DR = Rembrandt Ruby (Sherwin Williams). I canâÂÂt remember the kitchen color off-hand; it was also SW. The accent color was chosen by the painter. He also applied a gloss, which makes the colors come through.

Happy remodeling!

Here is a link that might be useful: remodeling pictures

Comments (13)

• smaloney
    11 years ago

Congratulations - what a transformation! Love all the pantry space and the beautiful new cabinets. I have a narrow galley and am hoping to steal a tiny bit of space by moving laundry machines, and I can only hope the end result is anywhere near as fantastic as yours. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and explanations!!

• estercita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you! Moving the washer & dryer was key to opening up all that space. Good luck!

• stacieann63
    11 years ago

Love! Love! Love! That pantry wall is gorgeous! Congratulations and enjoy!

• ginny20
    11 years ago

Lovely! Those cabs are beautiful, especially the pantry wall. I love your hardware and the accent tiles - really carry through the Latin American theme. Congratulations, great job!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Gorgeous cabinets! Looks great! What a change! I hope you will enjoy it in good health! A wonderful transformation!

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

Such a big improvement! When I saw you kept the old flooring I wondered...But I love the lighter flooring with the cabs and countertop.
    you'll enjoy this new kitchen for sure.

• homebuyer23
    11 years ago

Your cabinets are beautiful, everything looks great! Very unique, great job & enjoy!!

• Gooster
    11 years ago

Congratulations! I especially love the knobs, the tiles and the beautiful cabinets. You are quite fortunate to have such fine craftsmen near where you live.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Wow, it really looks great. Congrats -- you deserve it.

• merrygardener
    11 years ago

I think that backsplash is stunning! A very "homey home!" I would, however, love to get my hands on your old cabinets for my mid-century kitchen...

• misawachick5
    11 years ago

How beautiful! Congratulations! That must have been a tremendous amount of work. Enjoy! :)

• estercita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone. ppbenn: I don't *love* the floor, but I'm friends with it. When we considered the cost & disruption of replacing it, we decided not to. It also extends out into the entry way & hallway, so it would have added a LOT to the project cost.

merrygardener, we did keep one of the lower cab units for storage in the garage (paint, etc.) and our project manager reused some of the cab doors for the basement understairs storage. Do you have a ReStore (Habitat for Humanity) resale outlet in your area? That might be a good place to check.

misawachick5: It was a tremendous amount of work, and thankfully we didn't do a bit of it. It was all in the hands of capable professionals. Not an ounce of DIY blood in either me or my husband! More power to all the DIYers out there. :)

• liz27
    8 years ago
    Hi there!

I was just looking up Glicks custom kitchens and came across your posts. We are in the process of getting our kitchen and master bath remodeled and our neighbors told us about Glicks. We are hoping they will work with us since we are 3 hrs away. Your cabinets are stunning and I'm so glad I was able to see some of their work. Thank you and I hope your enjoying the new kitchen!