Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
before-after pictures of kitchen

Posted by estercita (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 16:30

Hi, all. I've only posted on here a few times, but I wanted to share pictures of our finished kitchen. I got a lot of ideas from this forum. So thank you!

We worked with a kitchen designer because (a) I'm very indecisive and overwhelmed by too many options and (b) we didn't have strong ideas about what we wanted, other than opening up the DR/kitchen space, having an island, and using the underutilized space at the far end of the kitchen.

The design our kitchen designer pulled together was inspired by the Mediterranean/Latin American colors & style our TS Post dinnerware (see photos). We love our new kitchen, esp. all the pantry space and the flow b/tw the kitchen and DR. It's so much easier to entertain now. Before guests didn't have anything to lean up on in the kitchen while we were cooking.

Here are the details:

Cabinets: cherry; custom by Glick’s (nearby Amish business)
Cabinet pulls: “Canterbury” in rust, by Top Knobs
Floor tile: didn’t change
Backsplash: “San Martino” series by American Olean (mixed 2x2 mosaic and 2x2 patterned tiles)
Countertops: Zodiaq quartz in Toasted Almond
Sink: Elkay Gourmet Elumina Stainless Steel 33" x 22" Double Basin Top Mount
Faucet: Moen Aberdeen classic stainless pulldown
Refrigerator: Kenmore Elite
Range: LG
Microwave: Kenmore
Dishwasher: didn’t change (hardly use it!)

Paint: faux paint color wash; base coat for DR = Rembrandt Ruby (Sherwin Williams). I can’t remember the kitchen color off-hand; it was also SW. The accent color was chosen by the painter. He also applied a gloss, which makes the colors come through.

Happy remodeling!

Here is a link that might be useful: remodeling pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: before-after pictures of kitchen

Congratulations - what a transformation! Love all the pantry space and the beautiful new cabinets. I have a narrow galley and am hoping to steal a tiny bit of space by moving laundry machines, and I can only hope the end result is anywhere near as fantastic as yours. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and explanations!!

o

Thank you! Moving the washer & dryer was key to opening up all that space. Good luck!

o

Love! Love! Love! That pantry wall is gorgeous! Congratulations and enjoy!

o

Lovely! Those cabs are beautiful, especially the pantry wall. I love your hardware and the accent tiles - really carry through the Latin American theme. Congratulations, great job!

o

Gorgeous cabinets! Looks great! What a change! I hope you will enjoy it in good health! A wonderful transformation!

o

Such a big improvement! When I saw you kept the old flooring I wondered...But I love the lighter flooring with the cabs and countertop.
you'll enjoy this new kitchen for sure.

o

Your cabinets are beautiful, everything looks great! Very unique, great job & enjoy!!

o

Congratulations! I especially love the knobs, the tiles and the beautiful cabinets. You are quite fortunate to have such fine craftsmen near where you live.

o

Wow, it really looks great. Congrats -- you deserve it.

o

I think that backsplash is stunning! A very "homey home!" I would, however, love to get my hands on your old cabinets for my mid-century kitchen...

o

How beautiful! Congratulations! That must have been a tremendous amount of work. Enjoy! :)

o

Thanks, everyone. ppbenn: I don't *love* the floor, but I'm friends with it. When we considered the cost & disruption of replacing it, we decided not to. It also extends out into the entry way & hallway, so it would have added a LOT to the project cost.

merrygardener, we did keep one of the lower cab units for storage in the garage (paint, etc.) and our project manager reused some of the cab doors for the basement understairs storage. Do you have a ReStore (Habitat for Humanity) resale outlet in your area? That might be a good place to check.

misawachick5: It was a tremendous amount of work, and thankfully we didn't do a bit of it. It was all in the hands of capable professionals. Not an ounce of DIY blood in either me or my husband! More power to all the DIYers out there. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here