Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prep and Clean-up sinks in island?

Posted by cotehele (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 16:28

I am thinking about putting prep and clean-up on opposite sides of the same 5' x 10' island. I looked in FKB without success in finding any examples. I'd love to see pics; anyone done this or seen it done? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prep and Clean-up sinks in island?

I considered doing this, way back when, but no longer have any of the renderings of that plan. Do you plan to use the same faucet for both?

o

I have not gotten far enough to think about faucets, but, yes, they would be the same or compatible faucets.

o

There was one photo up here a while back that had two sinks set back to back so each was accessible to one side of the island. Looked wonderful! I don't remember if they had one faucet that swivelled between the two sinks, or two faucets back to back...

o

Rhome, why was it not workable for you?

I'd the option of cold water not run through the softener. OK, an instant hot, filtered cold, and regular hot/cold faucet accessible from both sides. That would be terrific!

o

It was just at the beginning of our kitchen designing and we changed the plan completely. It was going to make 3 sinks in our kitchen, if I remember right, which I didn't want. I was trying to create a butler's pantry type of cleanup space, which was just too much to fit...So it was the whole plan that didn't work, not necessarily the sink part of it.

o

sweeby, I looked for that pic way too long last night and never did find it. Am I just imagining a black island with marble and two white fireclay apron sinks back to back?

o

Cotehele, you are not imagining it! That's the island I was thinking of when I read the post title here. It wasn't a GW kitchen, but a picture from an article that someone posted here.

o

Yep - That was the one -- White marble countertops. Gorgeous!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here