Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabs are going in, need answer quick about knob/pull placement

Posted by stacylh (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 16:25

Long story short, I have a 34" cabinet that has a 34" wide drawer with 2 doors underneath (miscommunication with cabinet maker - should've been 2 drawers on top instead of one large, but, oh well, I can live with it) and a 27" drawer stack that I need help placing knobs and pulls.

Anyway, I have 5 piece top drawers with knobs and used cup pulls on my lower, deeper drawers. Question is whether to put 2 knobs or one on the 34" top drawer and what to do about the 27" drawer stack (2 knobs on top followed by 2 cup pulls on each lower drawer or just one in the middle).

Here's a pic of the cabinets in question (pay no attention to the cabinet guy or the crooked door which will get adjusted).....

Gotta give answer by tomorrow when they will finish installation.....THANKS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabs are going in, need answer quick about knob/pull placemen

Cabinets up to 24" get a single pull. Over that, either an oversized pull or two smaller ones. 27" can go either way, depending on the size and look of your hardware.

Edited to say that I do have a single display with a 30" stack of drawers with only a single cup pull in the middle, but I personally prefer my guideline above. We did that to show a variety of ways to use your knobs and pulls.

This post was edited by live_wire_oak on Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 17:35

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here