Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandn_gw

The Missing Element: Water--kitchen faucets are in and so are we

sandn
13 years ago

We'd been exiled from the kitchen for almost a month as our cabinetry and counter tops were installed and were eager (if not desperate) to move back in to the kitchen. So, although there are many details still to come before we can call this renovation complete, as soon as the water--arguably the most essential kitchen element--was hooked up, we jumped at the chance to move back in. We will be posting more photos of the overall room soon, but for now we want to show off our faucets. We loved the look of bridge faucets, but in the end we decided we would prefer the practicality of a single lever on the main sink. We also know that many of you swear by your pull-out faucets, but we decided on a side spray. Our small corner sink has a smaller, similar faucet, but with two handles, and a tiny drinking water faucet that will be soon be connected to a filtration system (Doulton). If any of you have that system, we'd love to know what you think of it and which filter cartridges you use. We vacillated between finishes and after purchasing the faucets originally in chrome, we later returned them in exchange for polished nickel, which is really beautiful with the stainless in the room and with the and nickel pulls and window hardware.

Here are the faucets (from every possible angle). I hope you'll excuse our enthusiasm (and the water spots on the sinks).

Comments (15)

• cluelessincolorado
    13 years ago

WOW WOW WOW. I simply love your "waterworks"! We've been looking for a separate spray and drinking water. I think we found them!

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

hi sandn...

Pretty darn nice...

KA:)

• mailfox7
    13 years ago

Rohl Country. Gorgeous! We did go with the bridge at the main sink with the side spray and the other at the prep. What's not to love!

• sandn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all. Thank you!
    Clueless in Colorado, I was going to say that I thought these faucets were available through Rohl in the US, but LA Jan called it first (pictures la jan?). The actual manufacturer (of ours, and possibly those distributed by Rohl) is an Italian company called Nicolazzi.
    We purchased these through a Toronto store called Ginger's. They told us they've been carrying these faucets for 30 years and will replace the cartridges as necessary for the lifetime of the faucet. We're really pleased with our choice.

• jtkaybean
    13 years ago

that is some serious bling, just lovely!

your view out the window isn't bad either!! is that snow on the ground?

• stephct
    13 years ago

gorgeous! Is that soapstone? What kind? It's beautiful!

• francoise47
    13 years ago

Sandn, Beautiful! I love the polished nickel with the soapstone. When you have a single lever faucet that lovely, you have the perfect blend of form and function. I also prefer the side spray. Can't wait to see more pictures!

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

So-o-o lovely--beautiful faucets and soapstone! Can't wait to see more pics of your finished kitchen!

• sandn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again, all.
    Jillsee, that was snow, but thankfully it's mostly gone now. Last night we had a freak snow storm, but then balmy warm temperatures and rain today.
    Stephct, that is soapstone. It is Barroca, according to our fabricator, but with unusual caramel veining. We'd never seen anything like it before.
    Francoise, thank you. I'll try to post more pictures as we make progress, but I have a feeling that even at the 90% finished stage, the last 10% may be finicky and time consuming. We're just delighted to have a functioning kitchen back. But we do hope garden web will keep our feet to the fire and help us finish the remaining details.
    Thanks flwrs n co.

• mailfox7
    13 years ago

Sandn, I remember being so impressed with the box and packaging I saved them and took pics, one and the same!

Here are my pictures:

Click here to view these pictures larger

• sandn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

La Jan,
    Our packaging didn't feature that gorgeous Italian landscape, but the fixtures themselves were boxed and wrapped in soft cloth bags with drawstrings to protect the finish. I love your choice of faucets. Have you had them long? How are they wearing?

• ironcook
    13 years ago

missed this as i was on self-imposed exile to do taxes yesterday.

absolutely beautiful faucets. :)

i remember your soapstone post too... beautiful soapstone, but just amazing installation with beautiful details.

darn, i wish i had more/better adjectives! ;)

• mailfox7
    13 years ago

Sandn, we've been using them since summer '08. We have the chrome finish, though, so can't speak for the polished nickel. Finish is still great, however, DH has had to tighten one of the handle screws a couple of times on the bridge faucet.
    They are the jewelry of the kitchen, though, right!? Yours look so perfect with your gorgeous soapstone!

• sandn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Ironcook. Ah yes, taxes. I guess I'll have to exile myself soon, too.
    La Jan, yes, the faucets are like jewelry, but highly functional jewelry. I'm glad to hear yours are holding up so well.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Now I have to add that water dispenser faucet to my "someday" list. I like our regular faucet, but the one that came with the filter system is not 1/10th as nice as yours!
    The soapstone looks perfect with your faucet & spray choices. Can't wait to see the full reveal!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH