Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazyjane75_gw

Undercabinet light help - Environmental Lights or KD's?

lazyjane75
10 years ago

Hi -

We are getting ready to embark on our remodel soon (finalized cabinet order & plans, demo will hopefully start next month). My KD (works at the cabinet store) just quoted me $1300 for dimmable LED lights, which she says are 3000K brightness. I saw them in the store and they are on a strip, about 3" apart, no diffuser. I don't know what brand. They seemed fine. It would be about half that to go with their Xenon lights, which did have a diffuser. But I don't really like the heat coming from the xenon lights and I guess LED is the thing most people do....

Anyway, I'm not much of a DIYer, so I want something that I can just hand the contractor (referred from my KD, by the way) and they will know what to do.

I just called Environmental Lights and told them how many cabinets I will need to light under and they put a bunch of stuff in a cart for me that totals $580 (not sure whether or not shipping is included). They are the LED High Brightness lights and include diffusers, power source, dimmer switch, and some connectors (though maybe I would need more).

That's an awfully big price difference.... It seems like people on this forum seem to like Environmental Lights. I don't want to spend $700 extra that I don't need to spend for the same thing.... Is there something I'm missing here?

Comments (5)