Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yebo_gw

Tapmaster: EURO vs Kickplate version..or the highest-end one?

yebo
9 years ago

I'm set on a Tapmaster for Kitchen sink - based on forum postings. Any opinions on ease of use for EURO vs kickplate version? They're the same price, and the kickplate seems easier -- less need to aim :) -- but most of you have the EURO. (fOr of course, the magnificent $470 one)...
So, I'd appreciate experiences about the ease of use of EURO vs the others.
Thank you!

Comments (9)

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

I cant give a comparison, only have euro. It is very easy to turn on. Just touch it at all, dead on, push left or right, not much pressure required. Sometimes the constant on can take a little extra effort, especially when brand new. I had to turn mine on and off a bunch of times at the begining to loosen it up.

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

I also have the Euro at my prep sink. I had it installed with the foot pedal right of center so that when I stand in front of the sink it's lined up nicely with my right foot. (I'm right handed and footed.) I rarely have to feel around for the pedal. Just takes a light touch to either side or forward. When it was new, I had to push with some effort to get it to lock "on", but it has loosened up now and is much easier to lock and unlock. I'm in stocking feet most for most of my kitchen time. I list my Tapmaster as one of my most favorite parts of my new kitchen.

I choose the Euro as I thought it would be much less intrusive and easier to clean around/under. I had seen the kick plated version on HGTV and it didn't look very elegant. Kind of clunky and industrial. I also seem to remember Euro as cheaper than the kick plate when I purchased almost 3 years ago. (In this photo it's under the cab immediately left of the open drawer. You can't see the foot pedal in its stealthy hiding position.)

Make sure you catch the Conservastore's Earth Day special for a discount!

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

Fori--Your local crayon problem would travel over to my house as well. Along with cheerios, nuts, dried pasta noodles, etc. That's one reason I choose the Euro stick. :)

• brightm
    9 years ago

I'm still waffling on a Tapmaster. I am pretty sure I'll miss my Touch 2 O and want one, but I'm not ready to commit just yet. Partially because I'm going to see how much I miss it. The other reason is that I'm going from such a teeny sink to such a big one (Silgranit Super Single Diamond) that I don't know just where I'd want it (like breezy said hers is right of center).

Does everyone else have theirs just centered?

I think I've asked before, but just want to confirm, not a biggie to install later, right?

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

Hi Cal Quail.

I much preferred the Tapmaster to a touch faucet because you can use a Tapmaster with ANY faucet you choose. Personally, I didn't like the appearance of any of the "touch"/touchless faucets. The foot pedal can be used by my little shorties who can just get their hands under the water but aren't tall enough to reach the faucet handle.

My Tapmaster is on my prep sink, but I wish I had one on my giant silgranit super single cleanup sink as well. I am still thinking about asking DH for one (along with him installing it) as a Christmas gift one year. They can indeed be installed in existing cabinetry. I would put the one on my cleanup sink to the right of center, just like my prep sink placement. I can't tell you how often I've stood at that sink, hands under faucet, kicking my right foot around wondering why the water isn't flowing. I feel silly when I do it. Using the Tapmaster becomes second nature in the kitchen.

The placement of right-of-center makes ergonomic sense. I, and I assume everyone else, approaches the sink faucet straight on the majority of the time. This makes your right foot (assuming you are right-footed) perfectly placed for manipulating the stick. If the stick was centered, you'd always have to approach the sink slightly off-center to line up your foot correctly to the stick. BUT....then YOU wouldn't be directly in front of the faucet.

Anyway, I am really happy I splurged on the Tapmaster. It was a lot of money, which made me hesitate. Great purchase.

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

Hi Cal quail! I put mine left of center because my prep space is on the left side of the sink. Therefore if I am standing left of the sink I can reach it with my right foot, and if I'm standing right in front of the sink I can reach it with my left foot. The d/w is to the right of the sink and I can't imagine the need to stand in that spot most of the time.

As an aside, I specified (and paid for) the 1775 model....and they put in a lower model (that does not have the continuous 'on' feature). Thankfully the model is listed on my approved plumbing selections sheet so they will have to change it out. They probably didn't understand the difference. No one from Ferguson's or from my builder's end had ever heard of anything like this before.

• brightm
    9 years ago

@breezy - Thanks. Yeah we wanted a more 'substantial' faucet than the touch ones we saw. I know with the touch currently I tend to try to turn in one sink at work with a similar 'neck' by touching it. And any kitchen I'm in, I try too. I'm sure I'll break that habit eventually, but if I get a TM I'm sure the foot habit will develop just as quickly.

@illinigirl - Thanks. Yet another reason I think it's not a bad idea to wait and see how I use the new kitchen. I'll just have one sink, which is what I want. And I think I know where I'll prep, but I might as well wait and see. (I tend to be the sous chef and DH cooks the majority of the time.)

• Mags438
    9 years ago

I have tapmaster euro 1775 in kitchen and one of the delta's touch faucets nearby. Got the tapmaster for reason listed above, you can use any faucet. My kitchen faucet has a side spray which is connected and functions great with tapmaster. I'm falling into the habit though, at every sink, of automatically moving my foot right of center looking for Tapmaster.

I loved the delta touch faucet when first installed, then I got the tapmaster installed. I'm in love with tapmaster. I believe the highest priced one offers hot and cold controls. I considered the larger plate one but didn't investigate it far enough to see how it was attached. I wanted something that did not attach to toe kick baseboards.

My hands-free faucets were requirements in those rooms. I found these to be the best affordable products for our needs.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler