Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well-made, moderately priced cabinets; stores in NH?

Posted by jayco (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 16:14

We are looking to buy a few replacement cabinets for a small place in New Hampshire. Since it will be rented, we want sturdy cabinets but don't need "bells & whistles" nor fancy detailing. But a lot of the cheaper cabinets look like they would fall apart quickly. So is there a brand that is well-made but simple and moderate in price? Any recommendations?

Additionally any recs for a good place to purchase in NH would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well-made, moderately priced cabinets; stores in NH?

Well, I went with kraftmaid from Lowes. in New Hampshire. I got a decently priced quote from Cyr kitchen and bath out of Manchester. I believe the cabinet line was tomasville.

Ikea was a close second for me, though the closest one is just south of Boston.

o

People here report significant savings with Ikea and say they are very sturdy. There are some differences about them though to understand. I guess assembly could be a drawback.

o

Young cabinets are made in NH and no doubt are sold there. We checked into them at a Lowes in NYS. We didn't go that way but it was our low cost option.

Here is a link that might be useful: Young

o

Thank you. I guess I'm probably looking for more like mid-range in price.... I'm hoping for solid ply cabinets without frills that will come in at a price not outrageous, but that we can reasonably expect to last 20 years. Possible?

My in-laws got IKEA cabinets, and two years later they look pretty bad....

o

Very possible, if you message me I can send you the contact info for a small shop in Rye NH that does fantastic work and at very reasonable price point

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here