Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisadlu

Small kitchen. Layout ideas?

lisadlu
10 years ago

I have a small kitchen which is entirely part of the family room. See photos. The freezer section of the fridge does not open fully because of a hard wall. I am thinking of putting a 12" wide pantry to the left of the fridge (counter depth) so it would open more fully but not sure if this would look strange and really accomplish what I need. After the remodel I will have mostly drawers in the lowers so I won't have a problem with food storage so don't really have to have that pantry. I'm also not sold on side by side fridges and could go back to an old fashioned freezer on top and fridge on bottom. I plan on trying to use my 1952 O'Keefe and Merritt stove so old-fashioned is fine. I am going to add 12"deep cabinets to the outside back of the island to give me back to back storage. Any other ideas? I have to keep the basic footprint except for adding those extra cabinets to the back of the island but is there anything I'm missing?. Any cabinet/counter colors you'd like to suggest? The satillo tiles are staying on the floor and the wood on the beamed ceiling also has that reddish look. Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022