Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite in Tri State Area or PA

Posted by JaneMadcap (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 16:08

First of all, thanks everyone for all the incredible information you post on these forums. We literally did our entire kitchen based on recommendations from Garden Web forums!
We've narrowed down our choices for countertops to a honed gray granite or soap stone - any recommendations for places to get countertops in the tri-state or northern PA area? Despite everyone's assertion that they have a price way lower than everyone else, they all seem to be within 5% of each other on the price, and none of them actually import the granite themselves. Not impressed with anyone's customer service so far, either.

If you have dealt with a granite supplier that was truly less expensive and/or great to deal with in this geographic location, please share!

We will post some photos of our kitchen and let everyone know how we like everything when it's all done!

Thanks-
Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite in Tri State Area or PA

Hi--I can (highly) recommend: ebbcast corp. you can read the reviews on Houzz. Sign up on Houzz to read all the reviews.
Vance supplied my Soapstone and is installing Soapstone windowsills next week..
ebbcast does all kinds of renovations in addition to kitchens/outdoor kitchens and countertops. He is a Craft-Art dealer, soapstone dealer for Green Mountain, and works with a dealer for Brookhaven/woodmode cabinets.
The customer service is excellent as evidenced by the reviews.
I hope this helps you. When I went looking at granite I felt the customer service wasn't great. I asked one yard to fax me the contract to read in advance of the deposit and they never bothered. After a few other experiences(Soapstone dealers/Cambria and Hanstone dealers) I decided to wait until I could get the Soapstone.

Here is a link that might be useful: reviews on houzz

o

bump

o

Bucks County Soapstone is great. I got all of my granite and marble (not soapstone) from All Marble and Granite (not the same as the internet outfit people on here trash; it's a real yard with slabs everywhere and tons of limestone and marble inside), but it may be too far for you b/c it's in Camden just across the river from Philly.

o

Try MSI Stone in NJ.
http://www.msistone.com/

o

I've been to MSI and European Marble and Granite in Jamesburg, NJ, but those are wholesale places and you'd need to find a fabricator who works with them first.

o

You do realize that there are scores of "tri-state areas" in the US, don't you?

o

Thanks everyone, for the responses. I will check out your sources. Sorry it took me a while to respond but I had a hard time finding my post - this is not an intuitive forum to use :o).

j.

o

Angie DIY, did not know there was more than one tri state area that was close to northern PA! Please share all the great granite places within those multiple tri-state areas that are close to northern PA. BTW PA is Pennsylvania, just in case there are multiple PAs. It's such a stressful and overwhelming experience to tear a kitchen down to the studs and re-build it and I depend on forums like this to get me through. Thanks for your helpful response!

Jane

o

Jane, I grew up in PA. In the tristate area, viz., NJ/PA/DE. It is indeed pretty close to northern PA. That is the tristate area you were thinking of, right? Sorry, but I never remodeled a kitchen there, so cannot help with granite places.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here