Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

All about me: Beaded Inset Cabs

CEFreeman
9 years ago

I have saved all the threads with beaded inset cabinetry in them. Then, just when I'm browsing my eye candy links, another one pops up here I've missed, giving me that anxious feeling one gets when running out of cookie dough or Reese's.

Selfishly (really, it is) I would like to ask those with my favorite, beloved beaded inset cabinetry to post just one more time, here in one place?

I'll begin with [drum roll] some never before seen pictures of two of the cabinets I've stripped & refinished.
They began their life in 1996 as Quakermaid, Ice Whte cabinets. Lovely in their own right, but...
I did a gray cerise treatment with Provincal then Jacobean stain over these.

Comments (15)

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Windows 7 won't even entertain the idea of mapping to my FTP site. So separate posts.

I found a before picture on that drawer stack. For the record, I'd never purchase another 4-drawer stack, because the drawers aren't deep enough. Somehow Quiakermaid handled this and these drawers are acceptably deep!

This post was edited by CEFreeman on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 16:13

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here is my nice garbage cabinet. It's a 24", so nice and big:

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And finally, the two cabinets I don't know what to do with. A 6" spice pull-out. (SIX INCHES?) and one of those square hole thingies I have no idea what you put in there. I see it as a potential black hole.

I also have 2, W2436 white glassed cabinets that are going on my credenza. I don't know if I'm going to strip them. The ones I'm putting here are the ones I like best.

Maybe someday my credenza and cherry cabinets will be ready to show! :)

• jakuvall
    9 years ago

Go girl :)

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Christine - I'm always so proud of what you do, great to see some pictures!

The refinished cabinets look light years better than the originals! Are you done with them or is this still a work in progress? (Forgive me if you've already completed all work, I may not be seeing too clearly).

I love the last cabinet you posted. Gorgeous grain to that wood. What was the purpose of the squares?

• springroz
    9 years ago

Wow, those are some beautiful drawers!!! Here is my contribution.

Nancy

• meddam
    9 years ago

Can you make the square hole thingies into wine cabinets with those X's of wood? (Like my technical terms? Lol)

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, no. The X things would just close off the squares.
    Ohhhh, Nancy. One of my favorites! I love the lighting on that soft white.

The squares are usually found in an upper cabinet and you can stick a wine bottle in them. They're about that big. I've not seen them in a base cabinet, a full 24" deep. I was considering an umbrella holder? I can't think of anything that long and narrow. I probably won't use it, but I hate to set it aside.
    Thanks for the compliments. :)

• Vertise
    9 years ago

Those are seriously beautiful cabinets! Great job!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

I can see why you love them so much...just lovely!

• beth
    9 years ago

Beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Is that odd square one quartersawn oak?

• springroz
    9 years ago

You should make some drawers for those cubbies! LOOOONG, tiny leetle drawers.

Nancy

• meddam
    9 years ago

I just re-read that. 6 inches - lol! Maybe 4" pasta storage containers (filled with whatever) and painting the lids some interesting colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: cylindrical glass storage

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ahhh! Pasta. I was thinking pencils, kabob skewers, bottle brushes, and ran out of ideas! :)

Pasture19, yes, that square hole thing is quartersawn oak, as is the 6" spice pull-out. What you haven't seen is the two, W1536 that I'm just stripping right now. They will be the only non-plywood boxes I have, because they're so beautiful. Shame, they're actually particle board I've reinforced dramatically. Lovely, though.

The 4-drawer and its 2, B24 cabinets are plain, beautiful oak. Interesting that just two years ago I was reading and buying products to hide oak grain under my paint. Once I discovered that gorgeous gray/brown reclaimed color, it opened me up to wood cabinets I'd never liked before. Cerise + darker stains = oooooooooOooooo

I haven't put up pictures yet of my cherry uppers and bases, nor my maple credenza.

Then we have the LR floor-to-ceiling bookshelves I'm going to face frame (beaded of course) and build doors for the bottom shelves. Then the DR & laundry.

I have more cabinets and species than most showrooms. Good thing I love unfitted and very eclectic decor, right!?!

• motherof3sons
    9 years ago

Beautiful cabs! I wish you lived near me so I could just come watch you make your mojo with all these projects.