Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
americanexpress_gw

Our Bright New Kitchen

americanexpress
10 years ago

Hello all ... after saving up for several years, we were able to give our mom a new kitchen remodel she never knew she wanted. Tell us what you think? Yes the runners are Ikea, but the chandelier is a Schonbeck ;) you only live once (says mom who picked it out haha).

before ...

and after ...

Comments (21)

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

What a difference!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Stellar! I had the same cabinets in my kitchen and glad they are gone!
    You even managed to get rid of the soffit! Wow!!
    You are an amazing daughter to do this for your mom! She is going to love it! I bet she is in tears with happiness!
    Congratulations on a job well done!!

I have to wonder if we are neighbors - I even had the same style windows - I ended up painting the frame as I had too many wood varieties - Oak floor, cherry cabinets, etc.

• Ilene Perl
    10 years ago

What a beautiful new kitchen!! Am sure you're mom will enjoy it.

• Kay515
    10 years ago

What subway tile did you use? I love that its so glossy! Great countertop, too.

• Linda
    10 years ago

That is beautiful! How very generous of you -- I'll bet your mom is thrilled!!! Everything is so light and bright and fresh, and with that touch of bling!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Wow! A very gorgeous kitchen. I bet as much as your mom loves her new kitchen, the joy that her wonderful children love her so much gives her even more joy! You are indeed a special person, and obviously she is a special mom!

• buildinva
    10 years ago

That is gorgeous!!! What a beautiful kitchen and amazing gift. Your mother is blessed!

• doraville
    10 years ago

Great job! She has to be on cloud nine. I love the counters and all that white.

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Wow! Beautiful transformation. Love the light, airy feeling throughout the kitchen.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

Lovely kitchen--how wonderful for your mom!

• carybk
    10 years ago

It's beautiful. You've done such a great thing for your mom. I love that she picked out the chandelier after having had a long time with the "before" feel!

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

Wow! What a nice gift for your mom! Just in time for Mother's Day. She must be beyond thrilled. It is lovely.

• americanexpress
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow thanks everyone, so glad to have GW approval from all you kitchen experts.

Kay515, those are simply Lowe's 3x6 subway tiles. We weren't sure if it would work at first, but glad we kept it simple in the end.

This post was edited by americanexpress on Wed, May 1, 13 at 0:55

• azmom
    10 years ago

I am sending this link to my daughter now!!!! ;-)

The kitchen is fresh, bright, soothing, and gorgeous, what a beautiful job! What a great gift to your mom.

The chandelier surely is a darling!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Congratulations to a wonderful daughter. What a lovely gift for your mom. Love the chandelier!

• americanexpress
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BTW we are boys in our 20's and 30's for those that keep referring to us as daughters. Boys can do GW too :)

• azmom
    10 years ago

You boys are very thoughtful and wonderful.

I did not assume the gift is from daughter(s), since our coworker and his brother just gave their parents a new bathroom.

• smiling
    10 years ago

What fabulous sons you are! That also says something wonderful about your mother, and I am touched and delighted for all of you with this remarkable kitchen transformation. You did a great job! Congratualtions to all three of you.

• sis2two
    10 years ago

Your mother is blessed to have such caring sons and the kitchen looks fantastic!

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

great job! what a nice early mother's day gift! your mom must be thrilled!

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

Great job guys! By the way I have a 23 y/o daughter - I wouldn't mind one of you for a SIL ;)