Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkinsey

please show pics of inspirtation kitchens

bkinsey
15 years ago

I would really love to see some inspiration kitchens, or even if someone could tell me a place to go to find a lot of pictures...I am so TKO! I just want to make sure that I have seen everything that I can before it is too late to make changes.

Thanks

Bobi

Comments (9)

• jaybird
    15 years ago

Finished Kitchens Blog

Here is a link that might be useful: check this one out

• giacomo_it
    15 years ago

click on the picture, this is part of collection of pictures
    mostly modern:
    when I have to design a new one I look for layout, idea and colro matching.

From minimalistic kitchen

• melanie1422
    15 years ago

All of mine belong to other GardenWebbers... Here are my two favorite inspiration kitchens:

tito's kitchen

janie-k's kitchen

• boxerpups
    15 years ago

Here are some favorite of mine but I am not
    sure which style you are looking for.

Web places I go for inspiration and dreams.
    Willodecor Blog spot
    The Kitchen Designer
    House Beautiful Kitchens
    HGTV
    Bloomicious

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Sorry I love White Kitchens

• bkinsey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

These are all great. boxerpups it's ok i'm in love with white kitchens too!

• debsan
    15 years ago

Boxerpups' photos made me want to share something that I discovered through my own inspiration files.
    For years, when I saw a room I adored, I'd clip it and throw it in a box. By the time I got around to sorting and putting them in a notebook, I was very surprised at how valuable they were to me.
    Before, I put them in a notebook, I'd know I liked the room, but not realize why. Once they were all organized, I could see recurring patterns emerging. For instance, after examining all the living room photos, I was surprised to see light colored furniture over and over again. I saw round or oval silver mirrors over and over again. These were things I don't think I noticed individually, but placed in the context of a room, they seemed to really appeal to me.
    This has made choosing things for every room of the house easier. Before I thought I knew what I liked, but my own clip-book surprised me and enlightened me about the things I hadn't realized I liked.
    Like Boxerpups', my kitchen file showed many variations on similar themes. This made picking, choosing and feeling good about my choices much easier.
    Which brings me to the backsplash I've yet to choose. In the tile store I choose things, but when I bring them home they just seem lackluster. Reexamining my kitchen-clips, I see how many of my inspiration kitchens used green. My brain keeps telling me to pick something neutral, but my book is telling me that I really feel good when I see green backsplashes.
    Hope that this will be helpful to those of you who have more than one inspiration photo.

• shanghaimom
    15 years ago

If you are into a white, vintage-y look: The Crown Point website is very good. Especially the "islands" section. Shows more kitchens than in the individual style sections. Another EXCELLENT source is DecorPad. Literally hundreds of favorite kitchen thumbnails, which you can click on. Heavy on the white kitchens. One more, good for white kitchens--Quintessentials--a NYC remodel company. Their gallery has a lot of beautiful finished white kitchens.

It is easy to get obsessive, because you don't want to miss that "one" that might be your dream kitchen inspiration. But Debsan is right--save them all and you will see a definite pattern emerge. You should do well if you stick with what you have loved over and over. You might also find yourself with a sore neck and carpal tunnel problems from all the scrolling and clicking!!! )o:

Here are a couple of my faves~

• Stacey Collins
    15 years ago

Here are some of mine.... unfortunately we couldn't go as sleek and modern in this kitchen as we probably would have if this were our forever house. And, if this house were just 30 years older I definitely would have done white painted cabinets and a more farmhouse feel, but it would have clashed with the rest of the house!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This last one is probably closest to what we'll end up with:

{{!gwi}}