Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maddie260

Kitchen appliance review, PLEASE!

maddie260
9 years ago

After combing every post here and every possible online review everywhere else, we are ready (I think/hope?) to buy appliances for our long anticipated kitchen remodel! I would appreciate anyone's input.

Refrigerator: KitchenAid 22î Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator, Pro Line Series

Dishwasher: Bosch 800 Series- SHX68T55UC

Range: GE Cafe⢠Series 30" Free-Standing Gas Double Oven with Convection Range

Microwave: GE Cafe⢠Series 1.5 Cu. Ft. Countertop Convection/Microwave Oven

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)

• fishymom
    9 years ago

I have the same model Bosch dishwasher, pleased with it so far. It does a great job cleaning and everything dries except some of my plastic storage containers. I run the washer after dinner and empty the next morning

I have a KitchenAid French Door refrigerator, regular depth with seperate produce drawer and I love it, probably my favorite element in my newly renovated kitchen. We looked at the counter depth model also, but I did not like the deli drawer. Every place we looked at that fridge, the lid was out of whack. One saleman told me they had given up fixing it because every time someone opened it, the lid came off. That convinced me to go with the other model and I am so glad I did, I love the separate produce/deli drawer.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

I currently have GE dual fuel cafe range. The oven is great, and the stacked burner. Sold my OTR ge cafe microwave to a neighbor for my remodel. But I like it as a well as you can like a microwave. The range overall is good, but I went with a largwr size in my remodel. If you are sticking with 30", I think its a good choice. Will be selling my cafe range very soon on craigslist! New range due to arrive tomorrow. I'd like to hear how your DW works out...will want to replace ours fairly soon. NOT thrilled with cafe DW at all. (Although due to its failure, I am getting a much nicer kitchen!)

• sahmmy_gw
    9 years ago

Fridge at 22 cu ft seems small. Do you have another fridge in the basement? If not, perhaps consider a Samsung which gives more cu ft in a counterdepth.

I am not a big fan of a MW convection feature. The convection part of a MW isn't very good at what it is trying/claiming to do, and the convection element makes the MW interior small. Please be sure that you really want a convection MW. You could instead get a cheap non-convection MW, plus the Breville counter oven which is really great. Just a suggestion.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Fridge at 22 cu ft seems small

Depends on your household, doesn't it. We have 3 people, and our refrigerator-freezer is 16 cu. ft and plenty big enough for us.

• kksmama
    9 years ago

I have a 42" counter depth French door KA KBFC42FSS. I think the configuration is great, and it would be a fine fridge for many families. It isn't enough for my family, but we are six people who work and study from home and have a garage fridge for bulk food and beverages. I love how pretty this fridge is, I do not love cleaning the stainless but in panels, or a less active household, it would be fine.
    I'm totally spoiled now by having a mid-high end fridge, and would find it hard to go back to a typical LG or Kenmore. I didn't really explore Sub zeros or Thermador because the KA was a half price floor model. Appliances are a big part of any remodel budget, I think it makes sense to carve out a percentage of your total spend, and then do the best you can within that budget.

• maddie260
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for the feedback. I want nothing on the counter. The microwave will be built into a cupboard, so I am open to suggestions. We do have a refrigerator in the garage, so we are okay with the size. BTW, the size at 22 cu feet is small to me also (after raising three boys!). It is 30" deep, so we are building the cupboards to that depth (it will be a wall of cupboards- built-in pantries, etc.- as soon as I learn how to link plans I will post for feedback). I understand this is not a true counter depth refrigerator, but we don't have space for that.

• Laura
    9 years ago

I've had the KitchenAid fridge you're considering for about 6 months and really love it. We are a small family (3 people), but find it to be much roomier and more functional than our old S/S model. Even the freezer has been a pleasant surprise in terms of storage. Overall, I think it's a good value, performs very well and is one of my favorite appliances in our kitchen.