Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
X-Post - help me pick window seat fabrics

Posted by Rebeccamom123 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 15:42

Here is the window seat in my newly renovated kitchen...I'm trying to find fabrics for the bench cushion and pillows that will really make this spot the focal point of my kitchen. Walls are Benjamin Moore Solitude which is a greyish blue. Backsplash is gray subway tile. Trim and cabinets are dove white

Here is one option I've selected. What do you think? The stripe would likely be the bench cushion with the Waverly floral as the pillows. I'm thinking this looks a little nautical beach-y so maybe this is the spring/summer set and I change it up a little for fall/winter?

Thoughts??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: X-Post - help me pick window seat fabrics

Here is a close-up

o

Also, my kitchen is now open to my dining area of my family room and we carried the paint color ()greyish blue) to that room also. We used to have a taupe color on the wall with Pottery barn cardinal red drapes. If I use red in the window seat, can I keep my red drapes in the dining area or is red drapes with blue-ish walls too "americana?"

Here is the area - without the drapes...

o

And closer still... (pardon the mess - family room is under construction and new dining table arrives next week).

o

The background color of the floral looks great with your wall color (at least here on my monitor), and goes really well with the stripe. One thing I can't tell very well from the angle of the photo is how well it goes with or competes against the granite counters. Have you thought about also carrying these fabrics into the Dining room, maybe as new chair seats and as accents added onto your red PB drapes?

o

Pretty space. I think the floral and the counter top are too busy to be adjacent to one another. What about a tonal damask or something with textural interest instead of numerous colors?

o

Yes, I was afraid of that. Here are a few others photos..

o

One other to see it as a blank palette...

o

The floral is a large pattern while the granite is relatively tightly patterned in neutral tones. I don't think it's a big issue, since you are only using them as accent pillows. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, since I had a very similar combo.

Strangely enough, my old kitchen that just got demo'd had nearly the identical Waverly fabric with a very similar red fabric (a fine grained gingham versus thin stripes -- the same shade, though), with a white cabinet. I also used the fabric in a roman shade. I have a pic of that, but I don't think I have the pic of the old bench cushions.

This post was edited by gooster on Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 20:15

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here