Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazyhouse6_gw

We're in - Finished Kitchen Pictures

crazyhouse6
15 years ago

We just moved in a few weeks ago. IÂve been meaning to post pictures of my mainly finished kitchen for some time now, but WOW, itÂs hard to find a time when this kitchen is not "working."

Here are some of the details:

Cabinets  custom built - alder on perimeter, island is painted and glazed

Floors  5" wide hickory, finished on-site

Backsplash  tumbled marble

Sink  Café brown silgranit super single

Faucet  Delta Victorian pullout - stainless steel finish

Granite  Giallo Ornamental

Lighting  Maxim from the Fremont Collection

TV Â Samsung flatscreen :)

Thanks to all of you for your wealth of knowledge. I only wish I had run across GW much earlier in the build.

Comments (48)

• lesmis
    15 years ago

Very nice!!! I love the use of different woods, your flooring and cabinets are beautiful and you don't see alder cabinetry very often. I really like your columns too, the detail is really nice!

Is your dining table handscraped? I love the look of it, and where did you find your chairs?

Great job, enjoy your new space! :)

• suzienj
    15 years ago

ABSOLUTLY Beautiful!!! Great job!!! What color is your paint ? Where did you get your stools?
    FABULOUS

• morton5
    15 years ago

Very pretty-- I especially like your corner cooktop and hood. That's a neat place to put a TV.

• zeebee
    15 years ago

Very nice kitchen! Your island is a standout - I love its contrast with the other cabinetry and it looks like you have a ton of storage space in it too.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Very elegant with a nice layout. Love the table and the all-drawer island.

• crazyhouse6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all!!!

Suzienj - The paint is BM Berkshire beige (tan with a bit of an olive hue). The stools are from Sam's Club.

lesmis - The table and chairs are from Cost Plus World Market. The table does have a rustic/scraped texture. My favorite thing about the table is that it's not in the middle of my kitchen like it was in the old house and that I can fit tons of kids around it! Here's a better look at the whole table.

• lesmis
    15 years ago

OOH I love the bench that goes with that table...I need to go look at their site! I love your rug too! Thanks for the info!

• lisa_a
    15 years ago

What a great space! It looks very well thought out. Love the columns and the arch between kitchen and family room - very nice!

• shelayne
    15 years ago

What a lovely kitchen! I love all the details and that ginormous island! *drool* Beautiful cabinets and flooring!

Enjoy your gorgeous new kitchen!

• lyno
    15 years ago

Very nice! Everything is very pretty. I especially like the cooktop & tv location!

• ilovetn
    15 years ago

Very nice! Are you leaving your windows bare? I want to do that, but I'm afraid that the sun will drive us crazy.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

crazyhouse6, I just love your new kitchen! I love your Hickory Floors. Your wall color is perfect for your kitchen and everything else goes so well together and really adds to your beautiful kitchen. Thanks for sharing.

• Yvonne B
    15 years ago

Beautiful!! And, I love your views.

• alice462
    15 years ago

What a great looking kitchen! Love your mix of materials and color -- it is certainly inviting and looks like a very functional space. Hope you are enjoying it.

• michellemarie
    15 years ago

Beautiful. Really well thought out.

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

Excellent! I love the floors, the different upper cabinet heights as well as your table. You must be thrilled!

• donka
    15 years ago

Ooo...your paint colour is dreamy. So is your table. Love it. Great job! Enjoy your new kitchen!

• plllog
    15 years ago

You really made a totally open kitchen seem cozy!

So I've been seeing a lot of these ultra modern looking hoods, one with an integrated fish tank, another with an integrated TV. I like yours a lot better!! Those combo ones just look weird Your hidden hood with the TV above is beautifully proportioned and looks pretty and well situated. Lovely!

• ideamom
    15 years ago

Can you show a photo of your sink with the granite? I just ordered the cafe brown sink and trying to choose granite and Giallo Ornamental is on my list.

Your kitchen is gorgeous!

• elizpiz
    15 years ago

Wow! The kicthen looks just great. I especially like the island and the contrast between it and the preimeter cabinets. You dining room table with that cute bench is really nice too.

Congratulations on being done!

Eliz

• rosema12
    15 years ago

Love your kitchen, we are doing cherry cabinets but w/ very similar backsplash colors and wall colors (almond latte from Dunn Edwards) I love your table and looking at one similar at C&B and PB. I went online to cost plus and didn't see yours. do you have to go to the store to see this one??

• haileysuper
    15 years ago

What a gorgeous kitchen!! The colors all work so well together. I love everything you've done- it looks very warm and inviting. Enjoy your beautiful space!

• pattyk_64
    15 years ago

I love your big island with all that seating around it! I love islands done like that, especially so when I get in one of my baking moods there's lots of room to roll out dough and invite helpers to assist me. :)
    I see you chose a Delta faucet, would love to know what you think of it as I am considering the Leland pull down model.

• megradek
    15 years ago

What a great job!! my "loves" are: the columns, hardwood floor, awesome island, ad bfast nook (I love the windows and great table set!). Enjoy your new spaces!!

• timber.j
    15 years ago

Very nice! Everything comes together so well-I like how the backsplash and the paint color provide a nice background for all the pretty details.
    Thanks for showing your table and chairs+bench. My husband suggested doing a bench on one side, too, instead of all chairs. I really like how yours looks!

• katienic
    15 years ago

I'll chime in with my WOW. Everything about your kitchen and dining area is exquisite, and I am drooling over the sheer size of your space too. I can't pick out any one thing that is a favourite. It all is in lovely harmony.

• crazyhouse6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. ItÂs especially nice to hear that itÂs warm, inviting and well thought out. ItÂs a new house, so it was really hard for me to give it the kind of attention that most of you have given to your remodels. All the decisions were overwhelming at times. When I first found GW, I remember reading a post about hardware knobs and thinking, "who would ever spend so much time worrying about those details that no one else would ever notice?" Then when I hit that stage, I was completely panicked that I had totally ruined my kitchen with my backsplash insets and I couldnÂt figure out what I was going to do with my hardware. Funny!

Ilovetn  I too wish I could leave the windows exposed, but every morning the kids are already complaining about the sun. As you can tell from the pictures, it is glaring! IÂve picked out a woven wood blind, but am worried that the valance will look funny with my arched wood frame. I love the blind, but I think it may hang down too low. Any recommendations?

Pllog  The tv is actually just mounted to the beadboard back. We can easily take it out and replace it with something more decorative if we wanted. ItÂs definitely not high tech, but it is convenient for an am cartoon.

Ideamom  You will love your café brown sink. I think this is the same picture I posted to a different thread, but I donÂt have any other good ones. As for the granite, my DH loves it. For me, it works well. I love all the other stones we put in the house, but I donÂt love this one (which I knew when we selected it). I love that it doesnÂt show every crumb, fingerprint or water spot (very important to me) and that the colors work perfectly with the rest of the space. I loved all the very sparkly, wavy, wild stones  all which would have been too busy with our floors and the other elements in the room. I do like this granite and think it was a good choice, but it was not my favorite stone.

Rosema12 Â I didnÂt ever see this table available online, but I think the bench and chairs were a few months ago. All of our local stores have since closed. They had several other very nice tables. This one just happened to be the longest, single piece table they carried. I do love that it came distressed so my kids will only enhance itÂs beauty. :)

Pattyk  I really like the faucet thus far, but itÂs only been a few weeks. I love the finish and the functionality.

Thanks again for all the very nice comments.

• remodelzombie
    15 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love the wood columns on each side of the arched ceiling....adds such charm and architectural curiosity!

I know you said that your backsplash is tumbled marble but can you give me more exact brand and color detail? Is it all the same tile and color and it just looks that way or did you choose two different colors and put them in randomly?

• karena_2009
    15 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous, you must be so pleased! I love the warmth and all the colors you used. And, yes, those columns, which I suppose support the roof look magnificent. I love the arched valances over the kitchen sink and cook top. I also like the two-toned effect of having an island in the creamy white and it provides so much seating.

Excellent job! Beautiful cabinets. Enjoy your kitchen!

• crazyhouse6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

remodelzombie (nice name) - The backsplash is 3 x 6 tumbled marble (4 x 4 behind cooktop). The color is chiaro and I purchased it from Lowe's. I think it's all chiaro, although when I was checking the color for you I found 2 tiles missing from a noce (whiter in color) box that was supposed to be returned. They do all vary a bit in color and texture.

• marybeth1
    15 years ago

Wow! I love your kitchen. I just love your hickory floor. I just love the design of your kitchen and how it opens up into the Family Room. You not only have great island seating but a great dining area as well I'm so jealous.I love your baseboard trim and window casings are they Hickory also? They are such a pretty color. Great design beautiful home.

• crazyhouse6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Marybeth. The baseboard and casings are maple. We went through tons of scrap boards to get the color we liked, and even then, we thought we had totally ruined the house when it first went on. Once they were completely finished I was happy with them, but we had a few very concerning days. We have knotty alder on our lower level and enamel in the private areas (upper level and master br), so we have a lot of wood variations. In the end, I love how it turned out, but it did make things more complicated when trying to blend all the different materials together.

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

I love your kitchen and I am so glad to see someone else with stained woodwork! What do you mean you have enamel (paint?) on upper level? Can I see a closeup of your stair stringers where they meet the wall? I am still trying to figure out how to finish off mine and transition to the baseboard in the upstairs hall. Is your upstairs hall base different from the wooden stringer? Thanks.

• rdsso
    15 years ago

love it - the floors are gorgeous as well as the rest

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

pattyk_64 - I have a Leland pulldown faucet and love it.

• swickbb
    15 years ago

I so totally love the whole look and feel, colors, design, everything about your kitchen. I know what you mean about the granite, sometimes even though you might love one thing that practicality factor jumps in and you end up going with something else. I don't think I'd ever leave the kitchen if I had one this nice. I can only hope mine comes out as nice. Oh, and I LOVE the area rug under the table too!

• nicole__
    15 years ago

Love your kitchen!!! Good job!

• remodelzombie
    15 years ago

crazyhouse thanks for the tile info. Also checking out your silgranit sink...looks very nice and not familiar with this. Does it wear well without chipping, discoloring?

• brutuses
    15 years ago

I love your kitchen. Very,very pretty.

• kmo1
    15 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and I love the rug. Can you share where you bought it?

• crazyhouse6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

remodelzombie - I learned about the silgranit sink through other posts on GW. Just do a search here and you'll find lots of helpful info. I went from a double bowl to this large single and I love it! It works great for us.

kmo1 - I purchased the rug through Hom Furniture, but it's a Karastan so you can find it all over. The design is called Plum Blossom and it also comes in reverse colors. It is pulling up in some spots, so they are replacing it. I hope I don't have the same problem with the new one because I really like the look of it.

Brutuses - Thanks. I love your home and have enjoyed following your build. You have been very helpful to me with our build.

• pattyk_64
    15 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen!
    I'd love to know a bit more about that pewter accent tile in the backsplash behind your cooktop. I'm looking at the same color of marble and really like the idea of adding something like that into mine as well.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. Love your space and those wood pillars add so much. Your colors are serene and peaceful and your backsplash ties everything together beautifully. The giallo ornamental granite goes so well with both your painted island and stained cabinetry and gorgeous floors. Great job in designing your space. Enjoy your new home.

• suzienj
    15 years ago

Did I mention - I LOOOVe your kitchen. Yours is one of our "Inspirations" We are going with Giallo Ornamental and our backsplash will be very similiar-- thanks for the inspiration!

• hondagirl
    14 years ago

I also love your kitchen.
    Would you mind sharing the wall color?

• shanghaimom
    14 years ago

Hondagirl, she mentioned the paint is BM Berkshire Beige.

Such a warm, inviting family kitchen! Pretty curlicue pendants.

Your view looks VERY familiar!!! Are you, by any chance in MN? Twin Cities NW suburb? Felt like I was looking at photos taken from my own dining area window!

• msgreatdeals
    14 years ago

crazyhouse, love your kitchen! Cafe Brown sink goes great with the granite. I think my bar stools are the same and I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond....used their 20% off coupon and got them for $80 each. Going to look into the Hickory flooring. I think the BM Berkshire Beige will work great for me if I go with the Baltic brown granite as there is a tiny bit of green in it. Great job!

• starpooh
    14 years ago

Very very pretty! I love your beadboard island.

May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog?
    If so please submit the FKB Category Checklist so I can easily categorize your kitchen.

Thanks... and congrats!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville