Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pektel_gw

Espresso maple kitchen

pektel
12 years ago

This remodel was a long time coming. Instead of boring everyone with an essay, I'll just give specs, and photos!

Maple cabinetry, espresso finish. New cabinets go to 90".

Hardware: Schaub - Italian Designs, Classico, Satin nickel finish

Perimeter top: Wilsonart Salentino Rosso, crescent edge profile.

Island Top: Alaska White granite

Frig: Whirlpool Gold

Range hood: Zephyr Roma, 600cfm blower

Faucet: Mirabelle Presidio in chrome

Sink: Kindred granite, havana color

Backsplash: glass/stone/travertine blend, 5/8" x random brick.

Lighting: George Kovacs light rail, Home Depot clearance pendant above sink.

Anyways, some before pics:

And after:

Comments are welcome. Thanks for looking!

Comments (21)

• rocketmomkd
    12 years ago

Your kitchen looks great! Love the modern vibe. The backsplash is beautiful. I'm looking at a similar style, with clear and frosted glass, marble and stainless. Great renovation!!

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Very, very nice.....I love dark cabinets! Lighting system is very cool!

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

wow that is a transformation, nicely done! Love the modern touches with the island legs, faucet, bar stools etc. brings the style together perfectly. What brand of cabinets are those. We are doing a basement bar sometime in the future and they look like the cabinets we have been considering. Enjoy your new kitchen : )

• pektel
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! The cabinets are Mid Continent. Door style is called Copenhagen, and the finish is of course Espresso. I've had pretty good luck with the line. Not a high end cabinet, but with offerings like all plywood construction, solid dovetail drawers with undermount, soft-close glides, and a lifetime warranty, it has a very nice price to value ratio.

The island legs were purchased right from the cabinet line (really inexpensive too, under $40 each IIRC).

• modern_mom35
    12 years ago

beautiful! we want dark cabinets too and were told that maple doesn't take dark stain well. your cabs are beautiful! can't wait to show my husband.

• cienza
    12 years ago

What an improvement! Nice floor too! I like the island legs too! & the stools! I'm not a big fan of dark, but I really like this!

• library_girl
    12 years ago

What a gorgeous kitchen! I love the island especially, the granite, legs and stools. Very lovely!

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

I have THE exact same cabinets being installed in my MBR today!

Mine, though, are Norcroft, Copenhagen, Espresso Maple. Hmmmm....

I absolutely love your hardware. I haven't purchased any because nothing has spoken to me. Do you have a link to yours? I'd love to look closer.

Enough about me.
    Your kitchen is gorgeous. Excellent finishes, smooth transitions between textures, just lovely.

Great job! You must be so happy to be using it.

Christine

• cindaintx
    12 years ago

Beautiful! But then my new kitchen looks a lot like yours...
    Your microwave setup is brilliant, and may need us to start a new thread about "better than the OTR microwave".
    I love your barstools so much I have them myself. We can tell folks they were $279 each at fancychairs.com. Only you and I will know the $49 secret at Target. I'm tempted to buy a spare to keep in the box just in case one gets damaged so I don't have to replace all 4.

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

Really beautiful.

• cakelly1226
    12 years ago

I love your kitchen! It is simply gorgeous!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Coolest faucet ever.
    Renee

• boschboy
    12 years ago

Stunning. Love it.

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

Oops!
    Came back to look again and see your hardware listed above.
    Thanks!
    I just love it. :)

• pektel
    Original Author
    12 years ago

cindaintx - I know it! Great value on those stools. And great idea picking up a couple just for extras. I should do that!

CEFreeman - Yep, Schaub hardware. Italian classico in a variety of lengths. They look awesome! I did order a sample of the matte chrome, and it looks TERRIBLE. looks like gray paint. The satin nickel looks excellent with the stainless touches.

Thanks again for the kind words, everyone!

• badgergal
    12 years ago

Love your new kitchen. It has so much pizazz to it. Everything goes together so well. I like the more solid color counter top with the mosaic backsplash. The only thing I thing I think that could be improved is if you have extra backsplash tile,and would tile the space to the right of your base cabinet down to the floor. IMHO it looks just a little off extending the backsplash beyond both the upper and lower cabinets on the sink run.

• colorfast
    12 years ago

Lovely kitchen. Your backsplash, granite and glass doors keep it from being too "heavy" or dark. I also kept my stove because I didn't like any of the new ones in my price range. I think yours fits really well there. I had to go check to see if it was the same one in your old and new pix--that's how well it belongs:)

Also I really, really like your new floor. Is it bamboo?

• ratrem
    12 years ago

gorgeous!! great job!

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Yowza. Very nice. But, I think you need to put the baby toys back down on the floor. Gives it a certain something....

Great transformation.

• pektel
    Original Author
    12 years ago

badgergal- great point. In fact, I spent some time thinking about all the options. Here was the problem with that area: The run of wall cabinets stops about 4" shorter than the countertop. If I were to end it at the wall cabinet, it would've looked silly by not extending to the end of the counter. And I couldn't stop it right at the end of the counter, because it would've split the triple switch cover. So the best option for me (at least what I decided)was just to run it all the way to the door trim. I do have a little tile left, and trust me, it has been discussed!

• pektel
    Original Author
    12 years ago

colorfast - thanks! that was exactly my reasoning for not replacing the range yet. Well, that and I ran out of money lol. The floor is a sheet product called Fiberfloor, made by Tarkett. I needed something comfortable and durable for the kids to play on, and this fit the bill perfectly!

red lover - trust me, there are toys constantly on the floor :)